Author Topic: cooking smells in your portable  (Read 1031 times)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
cooking smells in your portable
« on: Jan 26, 2004, 06:41 AM »
like most of you, when the fishing is slow, its time to eat. reading others posts on favorite snacks, it seems we all eat some exotic foods from time to time, while in our vacation homes.how do i keep the smells of cooking from soaking into my pop-up? it's a 4 man so theres a lot of canvas.

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
Re:cooking smells in your portable
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 08:40 AM »
WOOOO...I thought you were cooking SMELTS in your shanty!!!...LOL...We may be onto something here....Anyways, I really don't know about the oders of cooking, maybe it will attract fish if you jig in your shanty...I know that fabreez stuff works good but I don't know about using it around food/bait/tackle.  
Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Have the same problem in my shanty, try using that OUST spray, that stuff kills most any smell especially (poopy) smell. ;D
My wife about choked when she walked by my portable shack after i set it up in the basement to dry. We cooked some campbells chunky soup and i dont think the smell will ever go away!!!!!!!!!   peeeeyooooouuuu!!! :o

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2004, 04:40 PM »
One or two good cigars smoked in your shack should get rid of any cooking odors. That's what I'd try.

JIMMY FISHTRAP

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2004, 05:56 PM »
I always cook outside just for that reason. I cant stand the smell after a while.My buddys father has an 8 man shanty, we used to all pile into it and drink some beers , between smoking cigars , and cooking we ruined it.I couldnt stand to be in it because of the smell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.