Author Topic: Scroll Speed for Lcd  (Read 1340 times)

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Scroll Speed for Lcd
« on: Jan 25, 2004, 04:28 PM »
I just rigged my Eagle Cuda so that I can use it on the ice. I was wondering though, do I turn the scrolling option off? And will the fish appear on my screen if it isn't scrolling? I've never used an LCD without my boat, and I'm always moving then. I'm hoping to use it tomarrow.

Zach

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Scroll Speed for Lcd
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 04:57 PM »
I'm not familiar with the options on your unit, but with an LCD you want the scroll speed to be on it's fastest setting.  You want the newest sonar returns to show up on the screen, thus the fast scroll speed of the screen.  When a fish comes in, it be a solid line (if it's off the bottom).  Your lure should also be a thin solid or slighty broken line.  Watch the bottom closely, any little bump is usually a fish.  When a fish appears, often it looks like it rises off the bottom.  It can either rise up off the bottom, or some in from the side, and you can't tell the difference between the two.  Hope this helps.

Eric
Eric

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re:Scroll Speed for Lcd
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2004, 11:50 AM »
Yep, set the scroll speed to max.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.