Author Topic: We lost one!  (Read 6531 times)

Herman

We lost one!
« on: Jan 25, 2004, 10:03 AM »
I felt I had to make a post on this message board.  

Unfortunately, we have lost one.  My beloved brother Herman passed away on Thursday from a heart attack at age 48.  I know he came to this message board quite often.. Daily during Ice season.  I'm not sure if he posted much here.

He was a great fisherman, my fishing buddy, and in the last 3 or 4 years had started ice fishing, mostly on Lake George.  We SO looked forward to our trips each year, and as I stand beside his computer, I'm looking at the 30 hand-made tipups and equipment he spent many hours building and shedding a tear.  All are laid out, oiled, and checked over for our fishing party.  :(

**I ask that anyone that has a sincere love of fishing, please bow their head or raise a beer in honor of a great man when next time you are on the ice, because the world has lost a great person. **

If anyone is so inclined, you can check out our personal ice fishing site at http://icefishing.steponeconsulting.com  

Unfortunately, I *had* to take down our homepage to replace it with memorial to him.  Links to this year's plans are on discrete link on the bottom.  Feel free to leave a message on the guestbook.

-Robert Michaels
 :(

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re:We lost one!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family. I'm certain the fond memories of fishing with your brother will keep you warm on the ice.

Bob (RGFIXIT) & Family
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2004, 12:58 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss. Out of this whole terrible thing comes one good thing, all the good memories that you have of your time together. Hang in there buddy.

Don (HIMO) & family
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Shaggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2004, 05:17 PM »
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I went through the same thing 5 yrs ago, my lifelong friend who was like my brother, my fishing pal, died at 30.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2004, 05:38 PM »
Robert, we are sorry to hear of your loss. This coming weekend is the very first Goatboy weekend where we go out of state to fish for a weekend. The first thing we will do before drilling a hole is toast your brother. Just remember the good times you had out on the ice. They will stay with you always. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  The Goatboys

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2004, 05:50 PM »
sorry to hear about your lost  :-[
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2004, 06:19 PM »
that is very unfortunate to hear.  all of the NH fisherman send our condolences to you and the family
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

captinjohn

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2004, 08:47 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  One thing, you can always remember the good times you had together.  When my Dad passed away... I lost a lifetime fish partner that day.  I miss him to this day, several years later.  I plan on seeing him again, with all the others that believe in a place called Heaven.  Take Care and God Bless

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2004, 09:10 PM »
I am very sorry for your loss. I was young when my grandfather passed away but I know he had a love for fishing that was second to none. I know this is who I inherited it from. I do know that he is fishing now at lakes that we can only dream of. Again I am sorry for your loss.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline bushman-wi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • wisc. goatboy
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2004, 09:13 PM »
robert, sorry to hear of your loss,  best wishes to you and your family. from a wisconsin goatboy and his family. bushman
chasing flags and drinking beer, what a life!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2004, 05:32 AM »
 truly sorry for your loss. we will certainly toast him this morning!!

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:47 AM »
sorry to hear of your loss. the main thing is to remember the good times and never forget.

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:58 AM »
Our deepest sympathy.
He'll be with you everytime you go fishing and we'll toast him when we're out.
FTD

Offline water_wolf

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A water_wolf in sheepheads clothing
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:59 AM »
We are saddened by the loss of your brother.  I have 2 brothers of my own and for the past 4 or 5 years my brothers did not get along at all.  Last year I asked them both to go ice fishing with me and they agreed.  We had the a great time and because of that day they have patched up their relationship and we are all getting along just great and fishing together.
I can't imagine losing either one of my brothers.  It would be hard to take.

Prayers for you and your family.
Rich Ferguson

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2004, 09:21 AM »
The loss of a loved one is like no other feeling.  The grief will pass but the memories are forever.  Each time you see something that reminds you of your brother it will make you sad, for awhile, then the sadness turns to a smile.  My the grace of god comfort you and those touched by the passing of your brother.

Pop

grumpymoe

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2004, 10:07 AM »
my sincere condolences to you and family. i'll certainly have a cold one in honor.. grumpymoe

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2004, 10:29 AM »

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

nuke1neil

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Robert,sorry about your loss.What a nice tribute to your brother Herman.We will think of him on our next trip out.nuke1neil

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2004, 11:40 AM »
Sorry for the loss, prayers are on the way.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, prayers on the way to your family.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Offline lawnguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I could only imagine what you are going through.  As with everybody else on this board my heart goes out to not only you but to all that have been affected by his death.  If you need anybody to talk to, even if you just need to tell someone about your ride home, don't hesitate to email.  It helps to get your mind off of things sometimes and if there is anything that I can do to help, I'm here.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Saftey First!!

PIKEGUY

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Very sorry for your loss. Next time I fish with my brother we'll be sure to have a beer for yours & be thankfull for what we have. Take Care..
Adam

DaleS

« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2004, 04:22 PM »
  My condolences to you and your family. You can bet he is watching over you.

JIMMY FISHTRAP

« Reply #23 on: Jan 26, 2004, 06:08 PM »
sorry to here about your brother. we will have a toast for him on the ice. hang in there. :-[

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Robert,
My condolences to you and your family. Time will heal the pain and sweeten the memories. I lost my Dad  years ago, but his memories still make my fishing experiences more fun. Sometimes when in the boat my son will ask, "What are you grinning at?" Just thiking of Grampa. Then the stories start.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

fishguts.

« Reply #25 on: Jan 27, 2004, 06:52 PM »
so sorry. he will be in my prayers tonite,

Offline wisicefishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 27, 2004, 07:34 PM »
My and my families condolences are with you.  I lost my grandfather last february and it was tough.  I fished and hunted with him all the time.  I think of the good times we had together and it brings a smile to my face.  You do the same.  Sorry for your loss and hang in there.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 27, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Herman
Well I don't know what to say. Loseing someone close to you makes it tough. Time does make it easier and so does friends and family. You do have friends here in all of us. I lost my dad 19 yrs ago and a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him. A lot of memories of us in the outdoors and they always bring a smile to my face. I wouldnt change anything we did.
To you and your family I will say a prayer for you. If you need anything to get through these times just ask
Keep the faith and God Bless.
Cold Feet

Offline DigJiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 27, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my best friend (brother-in-law) a few years ago at the age of 40. I still have moments of anger but I have more times of the great memories. From the picture of your brother and the way you speak of him (plus his being an icefisherman) I am sure he was a fun guy to be with. Always remember the great memories and know that you and your family are in our thoughts. Will keep a flag raised for him at the Crappie Derby this weekend.  :( :'(

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Sorry for your loss I will also say a prayer and raise a toast to our lost ice fishing brother. May the lord watch over him.

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.