Author Topic: Veterans Day fishing outing on Birch  (Read 895 times)

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Veterans Day fishing outing on Birch
« on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Thanks to all of you that have served or are currently serving our country.

From one Veteran to all of you

Thank  You

Okay hitting birch today and will give a report tonight.

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Veterans Day fishing outing on Birch
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:25 AM »
From a Michgan Man to the Veterans everywhere, a BIG THANK YOU!!

and

I wish I was fishing w/ you this afternoon.  Good luck and look forward to your report.

Icer

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:43 PM »
I took a good buddy of mine who is also a firefighter and in his spare time is a big game guide. He has lived up here for years and today was his first big day in the big show of ice fishing.  We finally got out on the ice today around 11ish and hit the lake running trying to drag the sled out and avoiding the overflow areas. We found a spot and was a little bit of hard ice crust on the top but suitable to not be ankle deep in water. Ice was about 8 inches.

In the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month we waged war on the fish and came out battered and scarred with a few casualties on their side to show for it.

Close the door fool, ur lettin all the cold in!

I'm waiting for some more pics and we will try yo post a video and get something started like that every time we go out.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2008, 04:32 AM »
Brad with a couple hose draggers on the ice, where's your fire extinguishers? :D :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2008, 02:09 PM »
good deal Brad - those look like comfy chairs and you're burning the big heater too!

I'd be napping for sure if I was that comfy. Take it from me you need to rough it a little more...I suggest bringing along an inoperative heater, a small uncomfortable chair, and forgeting your skimmer so you have to freeze your hands regularly!

Glad you guys had a good time...hopefully we build some more ice and get rid of that overflow before too long.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2008, 03:40 PM »
 Thanks to Catchumall who loaned us the pop up for the day.

Barley, we didn't need any fire extinguishers we could have put out almost any fire with all the water on top of the ice.

Well the overflow did suck because of the snow on top of it and it didn't aid us in pulling the sled across the lake either :%$#!: We fished in about twenty feet of water and the hits happened mainly a few feet from the top. Got a few on the bottom mostly char and some smaller bows were the catch of the day. Gave my buddy the lucky hole, I just told him to take that one and presto he caught more fish than me and he was like in the other corner.... ??? ??? ??? Well I would have felt bad had I shown up a newly introduced ice fisherman, well not really :roflmao: I'm still waiting on some more pics and hopefully we can add some video and make it a regular thing in our area here. You know we are certainly in the limelight with all the Sarah stuff and the fact that everyone is looking here because we are about the only ones in the US ice fishing this very minute.

Stay tuned

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.