The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sleeper Rental on Millelacs  (Read 1512 times)

Offline W_Morrison

• IceShanty Rookie
Sleeper Rental on Millelacs
« on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Me and some buddies are thinking of renting a sleeper house on Millelacs this winter, any input on on the resorts would be great.  Thinking about Hunter Winfields, Mac's Twin Bay, or Appeldorns, but I'm open to any others you guys might know about.  Let me know witch ones are good or bad.  Any other input would be great.  Thanks

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Sleeper Rental on Millelacs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Appledoorns sponsored our first failed attempt at a get together last winter, it was -25 and we decided to stay home :D. Seems like a nice guy for sure, but I cant think if his name.

http://www.millelacs.com/

This link should help in your quest. ;)

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2008, 01:08 PM »
The guy at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort is Paul Waldowski (aka P Waldo).  He is an all around great guy and a pleasure to do business with.

Which resort will fit you best depends on what you want.  I.E. premium sleeper in the range of $200 to $300 per day, or just a clean house with comfortable bunks in the rang of $100 to $200 per day.

For the nicer houses in the higher price range the three you've mentioned would probably be my top three choices on Mille Lacs.

If you want something in the lower price range, consider Garrison Sports and Twin Pines. 
Both these places are also run by top notch people; Bill and Linda Eno at Twin Pines, and Kari Hough at Garrison.
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2008, 01:44 PM »
10 of us rented a house for 2 nights and sleeper for 2 nights this past winter and they were very nice. we stayed at hunters. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.