The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: 61 degrees today, grrrrrr... but gasoline was...  (Read 2903 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
61 degrees today, grrrrrr... but gasoline was...
« on: Nov 03, 2008, 09:48 PM »
only $2.03/gallon!!!  :clap: :woot: :thumbsup: fill'er up goober!!!  :whistle: :bow:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 61 degrees today, grrrrrr... but gasoline was...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:08 PM »
$1.95 this monring... at this rate they'll be giving it away in a month or so!  ::)

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:26 PM »
2.25 here in MA.

Offline Wyo2AK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Gas just hit $3.15 a gallon in Anchorage! :woot: That's a record low since I moved up here 14 months ago.   

Guess there's no place like home when it comes to some things.  ::)
Don't worry about me... I'm from Wyoming.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2008, 10:33 AM »
So...is WYo home to you? Gas in Lander 2.34 gal...2.28 on the Res.   
                                                                      LT
                                                                      Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup: :laugh:

Offline Wyo2AK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I was born in Laramie and lived there for 25 years.  My lady (from Casper) and I decided to move to Alaska last summer for a change of scenery.  We both still have family in Wyoming and figure we'll move back there some day.  So although we're enjoying our adventure up north, Wyoming will always be home.  And in the meantime, it's nice to check back and see what's happening from time to time.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Wyo2Ak,

I was born and raised in Wyoming but also wanted a little adventure/change of scenery so I moved to alaska to become a fishing guide.  I spent 3 years up there and loved every minute of it. I came back to Wyoming after my last season guiding and fell in love with wyoming all over again so I stayed, but I still miss Alaska.  But there is and never will be no place like home.  Plus my fiance lives here and she probably wouldn't come back up there with me, but we will always visit.

Baiter.
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I was born in Laramie and lived there for 25 years.  My lady (from Casper) and I decided to move to Alaska last summer for a change of scenery.  We both still have family in Wyoming and figure we'll move back there some day.  So although we're enjoying our adventure up north, Wyoming will always be home.  And in the meantime, it's nice to check back and see what's happening from time to time.
Well, that's quite an adventure, thanks for posting and welcome to IS WY  ;D
                                                                         LT
                                                                         Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup: ;D

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Never made it above 30 here today. Gas is 2.36

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2008, 10:44 PM »

nice.  i'll probably end up doing something pretty similar, and will also always consider Wyoming my home, but i gotta see Alaska while i'm still young.  i think i'll make a trip for salmon fishing this next summer with some friends that have been doing it annually...   and welcome to the 'shanty

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I'm headed to Alaska the 2nd and 3rd week in June. Going to the Wrangell Narrows area near Petersburg. Have an Uncle that lives there. Maybe we will see you on one of our flights bottomdweller. Either there or on Jackson we are bound to meet sometime.

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2008, 09:36 AM »
1.99 today  but it is still to warm....
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2008, 01:12 PM »

Alaska's definitely the place for adventure. Last summer I climbed Denali. After the climb my climbing companion Dave from England, mentioned he'd never been fishing. I was offended and said we'd have to put a stop to that kind of talk immediately! We walked down to the local bait shop in Talkeetna, rented a couple rods for $12 or $15 a piece, bought a few pieces of hardware, hitchhiked 14 miles south to the river and landed this guy. On the way back to town we ended up walking about three miles before Dave finally got his first "hitch" which he was very excited about! Anyway, our ride ended up being the notorious local drunk who was on his way back to Talkeetna after a week long job down south. He offered us a cold beer which we gladly excepted. There's much more to this "Alaska adventure" involving drunk eccentric atv riding women, to jealous cab drivers, to board rowdy locals to bottomless crevasses but I'll spare you that. Sorry, that just got me reminiscing! :) It was an adventure for sure.

Offline Wyo2AK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Nice king MountainMan!  It sounds like you had quite a trip... I can take a guess at filling in some of the blanks in your adventure having run into some interesting Alaskans myself.  ;) And I'm certainly impressed with your having climbed Denali... looking at it from time to time is enough for me.  If I'm going to be climbing up mountains, I want to be coming down with a sheep on my back.  Maybe next year... :)

If you can get to Alaska, whether for a week or several years, I'd highly recommend it.  It's awesome country, and there are certainly some big fish to chase around.  We've been loving it.  It's funny how similar Alaska is to Wyoming (and how many Wyomingites I've ran into up here) but it's completely different at the same time. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'll certainly be stopping in from time to time.  I'm heading out for the first trip of the season tomorrow morning... I've been hearing reports there's 5"-10" (depending on the lake) an hour north, and I've got the gear ready for the season, so it's time to hit the ice! 

Oh... and gas is almost down to $3!!!   :thumbsup:

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2008, 09:41 PM »
post pictures, wyo2ak!!!

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2008, 09:55 PM »
gas in western ny,  around $2.90    deisel $3.50 ???
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2008, 10:57 PM »
post pictures, wyo2ak!!!
+1 yes post up the pics!!!

mountainman, i've always wanted to climb denali, or at least hike up the approach!  ;D i've been up devils tower every month of the year, but that was 40lbs ago!  :%$#!: i'd surely like to see some pics from base camp and the summit of denali, if the others wouldn't mind...

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Gambooler, MM posted all those great Danali shots to one of my threads couple months ago, danged if I can recall which.   :wacko: I'll look for it later and let ya know. Mighta been on MFF site too.
                                                                               LT
                                                                               Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup: ;D

Okay, I found it on the hunting forum, here tis the Denali shots. LT

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=2061.0

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 09, 2008, 08:02 PM »
tnx LT! :thumbsup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 09, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Yer welcome sir, I remembered the Denali shots cause of how cool and unusual they were.  :laugh:
                                                                 LT
                                                                 Iceshanty MOderator ;D :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2008, 06:40 PM »
buck seventy five this afternoon... fill'er up!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #21 on: Nov 10, 2008, 07:19 PM »
dude.  you guys are about 45 cents cheaper than us on the other upper corner of the state.  what gives?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2008, 08:12 PM »
dude.  you guys are about 45 cents cheaper than us on the other upper corner of the state.  what gives?
just another reason for the rest of the State to hate Gillette!!!  ;D btw, State Football is here this weekend!!!! GO CAMELS GO!!!!  :tipup: :laugh:

Offline Wyo2AK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 11, 2008, 10:06 AM »

There's got to be some redeeming feature to living in Gillette.  :whistle: ;)2 

Thanks for posting those Denali pictures, LT!  Those are truly impressive.  MountainMan... you da man, as they say. 

I made it out for my first trip on the ice Saturday... didn't catch any monsters, but caught some fat pan-sized trout and had a fun trip.  I posted a few pics on the Alaska Board http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=87077.0  Hopefully I'll find some bigger fish this weekend.  AND...
...gas was down to $2.99 when I filled up my truck!  Woo hooo!!!   :woot: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 11, 2008, 01:04 PM »
There's got to be some redeeming feature to living in Gillette.  :whistle: ;)2 

Thanks for posting those Denali pictures, LT!  Those are truly impressive.  MountainMan... you da man, as they say. 

I made it out for my first trip on the ice Saturday... didn't catch any monsters, but caught some fat pan-sized trout and had a fun trip.  I posted a few pics on the Alaska Board http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=87077.0  Hopefully I'll find some bigger fish this weekend.  AND...
...gas was down to $2.99 when I filled up my truck!  Woo hooo!!!   :woot: :clap: :thumbsup:
am i missing them? no pics are there... ever been close to Gakona Lodge? a friend of mine owns it from sheridan, wy... i need to get up there. http://www.GakonaLodge.com

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Glad you guys all liked the Denali pics. I had "fun" taking them for you. Thanks for finding them LT.

Gamb00ler, glad you enjoyed the pics too. OH, by the way.....GO WOLVES!!!!!!!!!! ;) Sorry buddy, old pack ties die hard. Enjoy the game if you get to go!

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #26 on: Nov 14, 2008, 09:02 PM »
only $2.03/gallon!!!  :clap: :woot: :thumbsup: fill'er up goober!!!  :whistle: :bow:

i feel your pain it has been warm here to

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 14, 2008, 10:06 PM »
a buck sixty-five... where will it stop?

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 14, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Don't complain let it go dooooown!!  After the way they been raping us
<

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.