Author Topic: gaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!(pant pant) gaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!  (Read 4911 times)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i can't believe this, we got 20+ inches of snow but none of the lakes in my area have any ice! it's driving me nuts!!!!!! and the fall fishing sucks! i need to do something before i explode, any suggestions?

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: gaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!(pant pant) gaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2008, 12:12 AM »
   Start drinking heavily. :thumbsup:

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:36 AM »
   Start drinking heavily. :thumbsup:
I second that

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:52 AM »
come on the sport is only 16  ::) likely end up like you bums soon enouph , why rush him  :)
try skiing or elk hunting  ;)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2008, 07:20 AM »
plow the snow in the lake   cool it down som!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2008, 07:28 AM »

I think the environmentalists might frown upon that Hazzy!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2008, 07:35 AM »
bunch of tree huggin hippies!   Actually alot of places have their snow dumps in drainages to streams and lakes and used to dump directly into the rivers ect
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2008, 08:43 AM »

now thats somone thinking out of the box!!!

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2008, 12:45 PM »
purchase a tanker of liquid nitrogen.  environmentally friendly, AND it'll turn your lake into ice fishing season any time of the year.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I think the environmentalists might frown upon that Hazzy!

They seem to only care about global warming at the moment. Should be able to sneak the snow in the lake. ;)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:01 PM »
purchase a tanker of liquid nitrogen.  environmentally friendly, AND it'll turn your lake into ice fishing season any time of the year.

Unless he freezes it to the bottom.....but then he'll have a lifetime supply of fish sticks ;D
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Build a snowman and get the biggest gun you own,and take your aggression out on him! ;D
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:17 PM »
It is never to young to drink out on the ice no rules apply out there  ;D but you got to be safe   ;)

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2008, 08:50 PM »
It is never to young to drink out on the ice no rules apply out there  ;D but you got to be safe   ;)

Yeah really.  I started drinking at 16.   None of you started before 21?    But hey maybe thats whats wrong with me ;)

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2008, 01:04 AM »
Yeah really.  I started drinking at 16.   None of you started before 21?    But hey maybe thats whats wrong with me ;)

when i was 18 so was the leagal drinking age in newwhampshire.  ;D i started long before that  ::) i dont recommend it though.
 as i said skiing or hunting is better advice  8)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2008, 03:07 PM »
19 legal age here, i started when i was 17 i believe
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline uberfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2008, 05:51 PM »
no matter what anyone says, the changing of the legal age from 18 to 21 hasnt changed the age at which people start drinking one bit.  the only thing that has changed is the amount of $ our youth will pay in fines and the amount of greed in our own govenment.  as soon as you hit highschool anyone who wants to drink, is.  the only thing that has shifted is the blame, from those who should be held responsible for thier own actions, to the damn kids and thier drugs.                   thats BS

Offline MookieB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2008, 05:28 PM »
whoooaaaa the reason that most people have decided that it is bad to drink before 18, I believe is because your brain isn't fully developed and you are more likely to become addicted to it than if you wait until you are 21. You will use it as a coping agent instead of getting through problems you will hit the bottle. No ones fault just the way your brain develops. So I say hunt birds and Deer it's a lot of fun.

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 20, 2008, 08:06 PM »
College is one of the worst times because people are on their own and dont know how to cope with problems or want to fit in......and usually only 2yrs till they're of legal age.  I agree that the drinking age to 21 really didnt do much, if anything it increased underaged drinking here in MT.  A year ago or so there was a survey taken by the gov't on underage alcohol consumption per state and alcohol rated fatalities and sadly MT was at the top of the list along with a few other western states for alcohol consumption per capita.  Here check this out

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2006/09/02/binge-drinking-in-western-states/

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 20, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Doesn matter to me but i would rather be out hunting pheasant or deer then hitting the bottle like some of my friends

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 03, 2008, 06:00 PM »

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 2008, 06:05 PM »
besides i'm lds so i'm not gonna start or stop drinking, besides, i'm already addicted to something that all of you are too, which is the main reason we're all on here.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 03, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I my self would be putting the snow in the lake. Can't you just see a tree hugger, in the water, trying to stop you from putting your snow in the lake. How long do you think he'd last.

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2008, 11:22 PM »
i consider myself somekind treehugger and i would gladly give you money for gas and if i had a truck with a plow help you get that snow into the lake.  ;D :D ;) 8)

that's a great idea.

hunting isn't a bad backup plan, gives you an excuse to wander around in the woods and take naps.
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THEY CALLED IT CATCHING EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 04, 2008, 05:45 AM »
break out the sled and do some riding. Thats how i pass the time when we are in the transitional period from water to ice.good luck and hang in there its coming.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 04, 2008, 06:47 AM »
Get really drunk and make everyone in your house pay for the fact that there isn't any ice.
Puke all over the place!!!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 04, 2008, 07:58 AM »
i can't believe this, we got 20+ inches of snow but none of the lakes in my area have any ice! it's driving me nuts!!!!!! and the fall fishing sucks! i need to do something before i explode, any suggestions?

Snows not going to cut it for ya pal, start praying for some colder temps.
Andrew

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 04, 2008, 08:03 AM »
whoooaaaa the reason that most people have decided that it is bad to drink before 18, I believe is because your brain isn't fully developed. So I say hunt birds and Deer it's a lot of fun.

I am 27 and I will honestly say that my brain is still not fully developed. I mean, all I do is hunt and fish.

I say you should....hmmmmm...... get a pontoon boat with a really long extension cord and a commerical ice maker. Go off shore, anchore the boat, start making ice and have it discharge into the lake. Leave it there for a few weeks and see what happens.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #28 on: Nov 04, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Sounds to me like a great time to break out the waders and start a bait tank.  Save some money and when I started poking around my creek, I found some interesting things.  Catfish for one... and some deep holes.  I see all sorts of wildlife when I go there.  And you get premium bait...i have some red nose and suckers and a few creek chubs that are over 9" in length.  Fun on a fly rod to be honest...don't want to sound like a 12 year old boy...wait...now that I think about it...that's exactly why I do that stuff ;-)
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2008, 08:19 AM »

I am 27 and I will honestly say that my brain is still not fully developed. I mean, all I do is hunt and fish.

I say you should....hmmmmm...... get a pontoon boat with a really long extension cord and a commerical ice maker. Go off shore, anchore the boat, start making ice and have it discharge into the lake. Leave it there for a few weeks and see what happens.
:D :D :D :D
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.