Author Topic: Shanty Lighting???  (Read 11336 times)

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shanty Lighting???
« Reply #60 on: Sep 14, 2008, 07:18 PM »
wind probably saved some gas

Offline uberfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Sep 14, 2008, 08:53 PM »
ive heard if you can, its good to drift, bouncing jigs off the bottom instead of trolling. because you dont disturb the fish as much without the engine, so you dont need the planer boards.   

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #62 on: Sep 19, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I went with zamboni idea! I checked ebay and found a 36 LED for $7.50, with free shipping!!! I just received it yesterday, it's great! It has two levels, dim and bright. I checked it inside the Pro, perfect! Bright enough to read, manage 2lb line. My wife has been giving me strange looks lately though
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #63 on: Sep 19, 2008, 04:13 PM »
I got my light with 60 LEDs yesterday. You can use 20, 40 or 60 LEDs with it. I put the batteries in it today and tried it in a dark room. This thing will light my portable like day light. I'm thinking it will be much better than my compact propane lantern.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #64 on: Sep 19, 2008, 05:12 PM »
I saved enough money going with the UFO LED I ordered a new Walleye ice rod, shanty anchors, gaff, bait pucks, and polar picks. ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Trooper Bri

« Reply #65 on: Sep 19, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Make sure and toss these eBay LED lights in the freezer or outside on a cold night to make sure they work well in the cold. I bought a couple inexpensive hat visor clip-on 3 LED headlight from Cabelas a couple years ago that wouldn't toss any usable light below 20 degrees. Thankfully i also had my Scout in my bag that night.

I threw those cheap POS lights into some unsuspecting kid's candy bag last halloween. Trick or treat kid !  ;D

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #66 on: Sep 19, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Trooper Bri, thanks for the info. I always carry my scout around my neck, just in case. If it does prove to be a POS I would already have the other stuff I bought!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Make sure and toss these eBay LED lights in the freezer or outside on a cold night to make sure they work well in the cold. I bought a couple inexpensive hat visor clip-on 3 LED headlight from Cabelas a couple years ago that wouldn't toss any usable light below 20 degrees. Thankfully i also had my Scout in my bag that night.

I threw those cheap POS lights into some unsuspecting kid's candy bag last halloween. Trick or treat kid !  ;D

Don't know about you, but I SWEAT in my fishouse at times. Its at least 70 degrees + in there with my heater running, so lights getting cold is a non-issue.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #68 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I will be hanging mine from the braces in the top of my portable where it will be plenty warm. I have a small LED light from Cabelas that clips to the bill of a cap and it worked great while I was outside on the ice last winter. I figure the 60 LED that I bought will be really handy for cooking while outside on the ice this winter.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline woodfolks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Sep 19, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Just ordered the UFO LED light off of e-bay
11.00  runs on 2 AA

It has 49 LEDs. I run a mr heater buddy in my ICE Cube 4 man
portable. so just wanted to buy the light with no extra heat.
I usually fish in the day light. But will use this for early mornings.
I do not usually stay out at night

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #70 on: Sep 20, 2008, 05:19 AM »
Just ordered the UFO LED light off of e-bay
11.00  runs on 2 AA

It has 49 LEDs. I run a mr heater buddie in my ICE Cube 4 man
portable so just wanted to go for the light with no heat
I usually fish in the day light. But will use this for early mornings.
I do not usually stay out at night

My UFO LED runs on 4 AA, curious the difference? I'll keep my UFO in my coat pocket til I use it, cold batteries could be the culprit. Hopefully a Buddy Heater for Christmas could remedy this problem also! ;D
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Sep 24, 2008, 04:04 PM »
15 doller light bar + 2 doller broom stick holders

Its Compact easy to remove and use in your other shack , duck blinds , boat
The light takes 8 AAA,s  Very very bright light and the batterys will last for days .

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #72 on: Sep 24, 2008, 04:32 PM »
WARNING: I bought another UFO LED type light with 48 LEDs and uses 3 AA batteries. It is dim! It only has one brightness level too. My other UFO LED light with 36 LEDs, uses 4 AA batteries, 2 levels of brightness and is bright!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Sep 24, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Bart, did you put new batteries in it, or did it come with batteries like mine did? I pulled the ones that came with it out, put GOOD batteries in it, and it brightened it up.

Offline chiliman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Oct 31, 2008, 10:45 AM »
SOLAR GARDEN SHED LIGHT FROM WAL-MART!  Always have light and made the solar panel temporary on the shack to deter theft.  Works great, just pull the string and you've got light!
Roads?...Where we're going, we don't need, ROADS!

Offline Xpressman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Oct 31, 2008, 12:02 PM »
15 doller light bar + 2 doller broom stick holders

Its Compact easy to remove and use in your other shack , duck blinds , boat
The light takes 8 AAA,s  Very very bright light and the batterys will last for days .

(Image removed from quote.)

Where did you get this light at?

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Oct 31, 2008, 12:09 PM »
I bought some led light for accenting motorcycles from ebay for $12.00 plus shipping there was like 20 or so light you can use as many as you want.
;

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.