Author Topic: Under Armour?  (Read 9004 times)

Offline bobb-o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team IceAult
Under Armour?
« on: Aug 19, 2008, 09:48 AM »
How many of you guys are wearing under armour while out there fishing? I absolutely love their compression fit cold gear as a base layer, keeps me warm while fishing and helps keep you dry while hole-hopping and working up a sweat.
IBOT Minister of Information

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Under Armour?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2008, 03:12 PM »
That stuff is spendy.. :-\

Warm, but spendy.

I want to get a pair of those IDI gear bibs and jacket, they are warm and they float! I sick of getting wind burn through my long johns when I run my wheeler out on Mille Lacs. It is never a quick trip out there. :laugh:

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Is it worth it the price?  I am looking to upgrade some of my more tattered long johns and was wondering how well they worked.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:16 PM »
I myself was woundering the same thing. They sound good on paper but are they worth it?

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:47 PM »
I got a pair of Rocky SIQ Thermal top and pants for Xmas last year. They are real good for staying dry when you're out sweating up hammering holes and pulling the sled also very warm. Maybe not quite as nice as the under armour but the price is great at $14 a piece. Go to Bass Pro Shops and do a product search for Rocky SIQ Thermal.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Icewarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2008, 08:49 PM »
under armor is the real deal.  I work ice fish constantly in the winter and now have a whole drawer with under armor in it.  If your looking for a cheaper route i found a product last year almost identical to under armor called layer 8 seemed to work just as good.

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2008, 06:27 AM »
I used to wear "conventional" thermal and made the switch to UnderArmour two years ago.  Only way to go!!  Keeps you comfortable and "dry" underneath all the other layers.  Beware...I have seen "knock-offs" toting a logo that is very similar to UnderArmour's.  Poor reproduction of the logo on the chest but no marking on the center of the back.  Price was also too good to be true.  I highly recommend.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I picked up some Armour in a 5K road race a few years back and there is no contest. Armour or the generics are the way to go.

I have found some at the second hand stores around here for a buck a piece.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:35 AM »
All those people who decide they are gonna work out and lose weight, buy all those new work out machines and clothes and never use them. Alot of the stuff still has the store tags on them.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I will notify my wife and my sisters. They are the most cutthroat band of garage sale pirates on earth! They can sniff a deal from 100yds up wind!

I work outside all winter in this wonderful Minnesota climate, UA would make my life much warmer.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2008, 11:05 AM »
The neat thing is, that since it wicks moisture away, it is good for all year long

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Well I know what I am asking for my birthday and christmas.  The wifes birthday is first, maybe I will get her some for her winter running and my skiing

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2008, 12:24 PM »
I have been wearing Under Armour for the past two seasons, the stuff is top notch and does exactly what it claims to do, warm and dry is there anything more important when you are on the ice..

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2008, 01:38 PM »
  I have the base gear 2 and was well worth the price.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2008, 08:22 PM »
I have two sets of UA cold gear. The one with the working fly gets my vote, when mother nature calls. Much easier to use than the original without it. It's the best base layer IMHO. I'm 5'11" 190 lbs. and wear a XXL top and bottom.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Under Armour is THE way to go.  No question - if you spend the $s you will be happy.
I use the warm weather stuff all summer too.  It's great stuff if you are looking for comfort.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.