Author Topic: fishing in copper harbor  (Read 1956 times)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
fishing in copper harbor
« on: Mar 28, 2008, 05:22 AM »
anyone been out the harbor lately? how is the ice, want to go satorday.
da splake chaser

Offline The Old Mud

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: fishing in copper harbor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Went last friday and the ice was 18 inches thick.  Caught 3 (one 19 1/2) Pretty slow!!!
Ross Rinkinen
The Old Mud

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2008, 05:03 PM »
YD--Headed up tomorrow.  Will post what I find/happens.  KB on Sunday. 
Chris Raymond

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2008, 05:13 PM »
YD--I didn't get up this weekend.  Went to the bay instead.  How was the ice and fishing in Copper Harbor?
Chris Raymond

Offline Prehnite44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2008, 05:26 PM »
YD--I didn't get up this weekend.  Went to the bay instead.  How was the ice and fishing in Copper Harbor?

Cris, how did you do in KB? We marked some whitefish, but couldn't get so much as a hit. Hope you did better. Also would like to know ice conditions on copper harbor.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2008, 06:24 AM »
Cris, how did you do in KB? We marked some whitefish, but couldn't get so much as a hit. Hope you did better. Also would like to know ice conditions on copper harbor.

PH44-The guy I fish with stayed shallow for salmon on Sat and was skunked but saw plenty of fish through the holes.  I had furnace problems and had to stay home.  Sunday we picked up one laker (of all things) in 12' of water, had another half a dozen flags that were just hit and runs, had another three or four (trout and salmon) come up and nose our jigs but they had lock jaw.  Tough couple of days.  Ice was still thick and dense but that southern wind knocked off a lot of the leading edge out deep it would appear.  Not many people out deep, would have to believe some of the pressure cracks and faults out past Squaw Beach could have loosened up a bit.

I checked webcams for Copper Harbor yesterday afternoon and they showed open water in the central and eastarn parts.  Don't know what may or may not still be there in front of the marina though.
Chris Raymond

Offline Prehnite44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2008, 11:26 AM »

I checked webcams for Copper Harbor yesterday afternoon and they showed open water in the central and eastarn parts.  Don't know what may or may not still be there in front of the marina though.
[/quote]

Looks like I'll be sticking to the inland lakes for the rest of the season with temperatures in the mid forties by the end of the week. :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.