The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Maine Moose permits  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Maine Moose permits
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:58 AM »
Dont forget the deadline for entering into the moose permits is 11:59 pm april 1st 2008

http://www.informe.org/ifw/moosepermit.html
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Maine Moose permits
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:08 AM »
I been in for a long while,this is my 8th year and never got one yet.They don't give out to many non res.tags but still fun trying,got 7 bonus points if that means anything.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:18 AM »
I been in for a long while,this is my 8th year and never got one yet.They don't give out to many non res.tags but still fun trying,got 7 bonus points if that means anything.
Them bonus points are a joke, I know guys who get thier moose permit every other yr and guys who have been years without one...lol  :cookoo:

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:29 AM »
I use to apply for a permit, but now at $52 a chance and around $1800. hunting, shooting, hauling, cutting up, new freezer and gas, I think I'll wait until I hit one with my truck.
Steve

Offline young gun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • you can find me at my ice shack
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:32 AM »
I use to apply for a permit, but now at $52 a chance and around $1800. hunting, shooting, hauling, cutting up, new freezer and gas, I think I'll wait until I hit one with my truck.

ya know it might actually be a little cheeper to get one with a gun hahaha  ;D
Friends dont let freinds forget their fifth

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:33 AM »
I'll use the company truck when I go up to North Anson to see Will. ;D
Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:46 AM »
This is my ninth year applying. A buddy of mine put in two years and was drawn, you never now...  You've gotta be in it to win it!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:50 AM »
thanks for the reminder.  Got a moose years ago, lost all my bonus points when I went to Iraq and since I've been back I've said the heck with applying.  Maybe I'll apply this year?

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Gonna try yet again and see what happens.
Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Thanks for the reminder. I bought the super pack license and it includes 6 free chances in the Moose Lottery.
I have to get busy and fill that out on line.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2008, 09:37 AM »

It is a ton of money when you weigh it all out but it is also one of those things you have to do once in your life if possible.  Went in 05 and it was a blast and ironically, really don't feel the need to go again.... ???  What was it you were saying about that "bucket list" Pegasus? ;D

Offline pikehater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2008, 09:41 AM »
My father has been drawn twice in the last ten years and another hunting buddy of ours has been putting in since the lottery started and never been drawn.  Over 20 years.  You never know.
“Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not fish they are after.”

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2008, 10:53 AM »
It is a ton of money when you weigh it all out but it is also one of those things you have to do once in your life if possible.  Went in 05 and it was a blast and ironically, really don't feel the need to go again.... ???  What was it you were saying about that "bucket list" Pegasus? ;D
Tugging on a dead moose might make it so I'll never finish the list. ;D
Steve

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Tugging on a dead moose might make it so I'll never finish the list. ;D

That's precisely why you shoot in the middle of the tote road and back the trailer up.... ;) ;D

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:07 AM »
anyone know the process for superpack holders? i assumed i'd get a packet of info when i superpacked, but so far, nada

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:09 AM »
I'll use the company truck when I go up to North Anson to see Will. ;D
The boom on the company truck would make it very easy to load.All we got to do is drive from Stratton to Rangerly and we would have one in no time at all. ;D ;D ;D Come on up this fall it sounds like a blast. Were using your company truck. ;) ;)

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2008, 12:05 PM »
anyone know the process for superpack holders? i assumed i'd get a packet of info when i superpacked, but so far, nada

You're not going to receive anymore info Tim.
You have to go to the MIF@W web site and log on to "Moose Permits". It's on the right side of their home page.
Complete the information sections and there will be a place to enter your superpack license number. Once you enter your number, you get 6 free chances. Good luck
It works the same way for your doe tags. You must enter in order to get them.
                                                                                                          Dennis

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:15 PM »
thanks dennis

i figured it would be like that, but i also figured i'd get a little more info from the state.....

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:28 PM »
My father has been drawn twice in the last ten years and another hunting buddy of ours has been putting in since the lottery started and never been drawn.  Over 20 years.  You never know.
my father put in for one from the time it started he passed away in the spring of 2000 at the age of 79  never did get a chance to go i think the state should set 50 permits aside for the hunters over 60 years old  its a money game  good luck to all
in god we trust

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:32 PM »
my father put in for one from the time it started he passed away in the spring of 2000 at the age of 79  never did get a chance to go i think the state should set 50 permits aside for the hunters over 60 years old  its a money game  good luck to all
Why?? so your chances will go up Old Timer? :roflmao:
Where have you been?

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:49 PM »
thanks dennis

i figured it would be like that, but i also figured i'd get a little more info from the state.....

I felt the same way, but when nothing came in the mail or by e-mail, I figured they wanted me to make the effort and call them. That's what I did.

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2008, 02:12 PM »
this is my year to get picked.  i can feel it. 
superpack:   they don't send you anything.  remember it is the state.  they have your $200.00 that is what counts

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Mine's  all done. Hope maybe this year they I will get the permit in the mail and not from a cop. ;D ;D ;D Someone else's misfurtune means a lot of suppers on the table. ;D ;D Gotta love moose meat.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Why?? so your chances will go up Old Timer? :roflmao:
Where have you been?
yes   anything to up the odds                       
in god we trust

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I put in ever since it started, when my son was old enough I put him in as well. I finally got picked in 03 for a cow permit in zone 19, took a 600 pound-er the 2nd day of the hunt. Gearjammer, Trout_Terrorist and myself have a Great time, someday maybe we will get to do it again.

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Hmmm now what if you can proove legal residency when you apply, but if you got one you would no longer be a resident?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Mar 27, 2008, 06:45 AM »
I figure it would cost  ohhhh 10-15 bucks to get one....( gallon or 2 of gas  by then)  the beer afterwards the costly part  drive out back shoot one be done with it  no looking for the "Big one"  no matter how ya cook it the rack never becomes tender
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 27, 2008, 01:44 PM »
I figure it would cost  ohhhh 10-15 bucks to get one....( gallon or 2 of gas  by then)  the beer afterwards the costly part  drive out back shoot one be done with it  no looking for the "Big one"  no matter how ya cook it the rack never becomes tender

I killed a nice bull in 2001.  He was so tough I'd rather eat the antlers.  Actually used a steak to patch a tire.  Got 25,000 miles on it before it wore out. ;D
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.