Author Topic: Clip on Spring Bobbers  (Read 3597 times)

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
Clip on Spring Bobbers
« on: Jan 20, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can buy some clip on sping bobbers online? How would the ones i'll look at because of the links fit on an ultra lite rod?

-Evan

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Clip on Spring Bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2004, 10:09 PM »
Hi  I use red&white very tiny spring bobbers & use rubber bands to tie off where I want to be  depth

Steve
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2004, 07:31 AM »
Bump..... :D

-Evan

Herefishy

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2004, 11:02 AM »
Try Petersons outdoors. I know they carry them in the catalog, so I imagine they would be on the web site.

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2004, 11:24 AM »
Yea i was thinking about them... i think they use the DOT spring bobbers? so does anyone have any experience with these?

-Evan

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2004, 09:24 PM »
the clip-on spring bobbers that i have i believe is a DOT..... bought them at wal-mart.    havent had any problems with them, but then again..... its only a spring bobber...... it either springs er it doesnt........

Melbs                :'(

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Melbs7,

You like them? I think im gonna get some of those.. will they fit an ultra light rod?

-Evan

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2004, 09:17 AM »
oh yeah, thats the other thing i was going to say Wallice, they DO fit on my ultralight poles as well as my medium light berkley poles. i wouldnt think they would go on much bigger, but really.... who's gonna be ussing a spring bobber with a heavier pole than that..... never even seen an ice fishin pole heavier than that i guess... not that they arent out there.... just not common around here anyhow.

:-)

Melbs                :'(

Offline Ottawa_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2004, 09:36 AM »
I used to make my own spring bobbers from a guitar sting
and then taped them to the rod tip with a thin strip of
electrical tape. Needs only a few wraps of tape. Works
just fine.

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2004, 11:13 AM »
walliceman, I have used the clip on spring bobbers on ultralite rods.  I put it between the 1st and 2nd guides from the reel.  It would hold the line up off of the rod and get pulled down or raise up when the fish took the bait.  I liked the way it worked and rigged a couple of other rods the same way.  It seemed easier to see.

Pop

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:11 AM »
Take the clip off of the spring and throw it away, use only the spring. Turn the pole with the reel on the bottom, which is the most comfortable way to hold the pole anyway. Place the spring 1 " back from the pole tip with the rest extending beyond the end of the pole. Use a dab of hot glue to hold it where you want it, then use some heavy sewing thread and wrap it tight to the pole, then go over the thread with clear finger nail polish. That will stay on a lot better than the clips. Also with it extended past the end of the pole it gives you a realy soft tip, for better jig druming.

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2004, 09:08 AM »
J/S that was a very informative post. When I was trying to figure out how to install my first spring bobber, that would have helped alot.

I like the flat wire the best so far, and I install them the same way, except I do not use the nail polish, its to messy when replacing/removing  the bobber and you do have to replace them because they get bent out of shape eventually. I first dab with glue to hold in place, then wrap the end with thread and coat it then with hot glue. when you want to remove it just pick it off or slightly heat it.

I want to try the Hare Wire type spring bobber, if anyone has any suggestions on install please say how you wrap or twist the wire.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.