Author Topic: spice it up  (Read 1165 times)

Offline ice725

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
spice it up
« on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:18 PM »
when you are jigging for basically anything should you add a few spikes (maggots) or somethnig to your jig.  or sometimes will you have better luck with nothing on it. :'(

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:spice it up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:24 PM »
I always use spikes or mousie's.  I have never caught anything without them.

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2004, 04:17 AM »
recently here in central Il. I went out and the fish were extremely finickly- so having read about tightlining- I did something a little different than the usual of fatboys and genz worms I use- I put on a 1/64 oz. marabou jig with a white head and a yellow hair tail and NO BAIT and I SWAM this very slowly(1" increments) to the surface and back down over and over. the fish knocked the tar out of it! it also drew fish to my deadsticked rod with waxies on it, but the swimming marabou out produced the deadstick 2-1
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

fishmann

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2004, 12:17 PM »
fishboy, don't take this wrong, but isn't that kinda like saying "I only catch fish on Rapalas. The only lure I ever fish with is a Rapala." Be kinda tough to catch somethng on anything else if all you owned was Rapalas, wouldn't it?   ;D

(I know you meant that you've had enough experience with and without that you prefer with. Just yankin your chain a little.)

Offline Big_Ray

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishing rules
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2004, 12:46 PM »
When I`m going after lakers, I always put a big slab of sucker on my jig. I`ve also had success using a slice of shinner for bass and pickeral. Good luck and tight lines :'( :'( :'(
Ray

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.