Author Topic: Auger Fuel Tip  (Read 748 times)

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Auger Fuel Tip
« on: Mar 16, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I've read in some of the auger posts about how folks hat to carry extra fuel because of it leaking over your gear.  Do yourselves a favor and get an MSR fuel bottle from your local camping store/outfitter.  I've used mine for the last couple of years and haven't had a single fuel leak.  Back off the screw top a little bit and it has a vented pour spout.  It couldn't get any easier. 
Chris Raymond

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Re: Auger Fuel Tip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I've read in some of the auger posts about how folks hat to carry extra fuel because of it leaking over your gear.  Do yourselves a favor and get an MSR fuel bottle from your local camping store/outfitter.  I've used mine for the last couple of years and haven't had a single fuel leak.  Back off the screw top a little bit and it has a vented pour spout.  It couldn't get any easier. 

MSR Fuel Bottles

SUNTRAIL Advisory - Health Canada has determined that MSR Fuel Bottles do not meet current regulatory standards with respect to child-resistant caps and labelling, and therefore may not be sold in Canada in their current configuration. The manufacturer is in the process of developing an appropriate child resistant cap and compliant labelling for MSR Fuel Bottles, and hopes to resume fuel bottle sales soon.
In immediate and early compliance with the manufacturer's "Stop Sale Notice", SUNTRAIL suspended the sale of all MSR Fuel Bottles as of 6:00 p.m. EDT Friday July 27, 2007. We anticipate that the manufacturer (Cascade Designs in Seattle, Washington) will be seeking to resolve this matter as quickly as possible, to allow us to resume sales of modified compliant bottles to our customers at the earliest opportunity.

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
Re: Auger Fuel Tip
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:19 PM »
I've had one for many years and it works great, only fill the auger tank half full so it never spills and always have extra fuel. Went to Sportmans warehouse today and say they have two different sizes now, I still would have bought the one I did, the bigger one.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.