Author Topic: Look for Sale at Wal-Mart  (Read 3670 times)

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Look for Sale at Wal-Mart
« on: Mar 12, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Great sale going on at Wal-Mart for icefishing stuff Mr Heater single slot was $34.99marked down $9.00 Trilene ice line 1.00 and 1.50 but the best was Lowrance X-67c Ice machine was 287.00 marked down to $69.00 they are gone I got the last one most of the stuff in my Wal-mart is gone but I think they are doing it all over so keep a keen eye and you should clean up

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
Re: Look for Sale at Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008, 05:13 PM »
lowrance for 69 dollars that is a steal!

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2008, 05:24 PM »
lowrance for 69 dollars that is a steal! I could not believe it the other grabbed the other lowrance

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2008, 05:31 PM »
wow thats awesome
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2008, 05:53 PM »
The Walmart where I live doesn't discount things the way yours does. I think the Jiffy 3 hp augers were still at around $299 the other day when I was in there.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2008, 06:41 PM »
The Walmart where I live doesn't discount things the way yours does. I think the Jiffy 3 hp augers were still at around $299 the other day when I was in there.
thats  to bad I herd that they did the same in PA this is Rockaway NJ where I got my stuff

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I was just at the Walmart here.  They finally marked down the 3hp jiffy to 300 from 350 the other day.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:51 PM »
i would feel bad to buy a fish machine for 67.... do they accept tips at wally world?
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Walmart? No! My Walmart doesnt have anything ice fishing,NOTHING,not even 2lb line. Buy it up guys and come to Mi. and sell it for a profit. 8)
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:11 AM »
Nice score on the Lowrance! :o
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Our Walmarts have a some fishing gear, but not anything specific to ice fishing.   Interesting how they do that.  Sounds like some cater to ice fishermen and some don't.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Not at my Wal-Mart......we have the worst one in the country.....Rockland, Maine....never has anything you need.....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:24 AM »
i think suffern is the worst, and smallest wal-mart. 1 aisle of fishing! no icefishing gear. no guns. :(
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Grizzly Rider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Just read a report that "MOST" of the Wal Marts in the country will not be stocking ANY fishing tackle and will phase out their entire fishing sections.............. ......

I don't buy fishing tackle at WW as I use a local mom/pops sport shop and I don't like to feed the monster (WW)........so its no biggie to me.
Ride a grizzly or walk......

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Theres 7 that I can think of within an hour to hour and a half drive and they all used to carry ice gear...the corporate guys down in Arkansas look at which stores put what on clearance each year and allow the stores to order what they feel will sell which turned out to lousy selections in most of the stores and 1 of them not even carrying anything this year...I asked the sporting goods manager at 2 of the local stores if they could order more of a few things they had run out of in late Jan and was told by both they are not able to put in additional orders on ice gear even though I was asking for specific items and even willing to pay up front for them (wanted 5-10 Heritage Lakers and 1 of the jig rods they carried but forget which 1 it was)...I can understand how they could limit the merchandise ordered if its being marked down every year but for them to tell managers they cannot order more if they sell out early in the season is ridiculous

I'm guilty of waiting for stuff to go on clearance but its a double edged sword  :embarassed:

I'm kinda lucky they couldn't order me the Lakers since I found em on sale online for $14.99 with free shipping  ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline Capt.Dana

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Haverhill, MA.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Here in Northern MASS and in some Southern NH stores WalMart did away with ice fishing products three years ago, and did away with guns last summer. I received a letter stating that this year, the fishing depts will cut down to a 60 foot long area. They also are planning to take it all down during the off seasons. I'm sure they are feeling the crunch from the big box stores (Bass Pro Cabellas and Dicks). Please support your local mom and pop bait and tackle shops! ;)
I pratice fillet and release!

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2008, 03:53 PM »
WOW you got a steal on that Lowrance.....i bought mine from wal-mart and it was 312 or something after tax............your gonna love the thing its the best flasher on the market by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Sorry guys, I wouldn't buy a bag of beans from Walmart.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Ice Sgt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:31 PM »
I am sure it is because we don't have enough ice but in southern IL there is no ice fishing gear in the Wal-Mart's, in the one in Fairfield the sporting goods selection is awful and seems to get worse every year, very little fishing gear and took all the firearms out last year.  With Mal Mart's buying power they should have the best sporting goods departments in the U.S. I just can't understand why they don't. 

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:06 AM »
You have gotta love this site! I've been paying too much for my gear.   

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:11 AM »
the way they stock the fishing gear up here is rediculus   there are deep sea baits lures ect some 8 - 9" long  big ass hooks super large poles      and its 3 hrs plus to the ocean  the ice gear usually sells out real early   anything good by christmas   but as of the other day  there were 2 of those x67s still at full price
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline frog11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Hi if any 1 knows a walmart in NJ that has that lowrance unit please let me know as I have family in NJ that could pick 1 up for me, I tried calling a few  NJ walmarts last night,but wasn't helped as no 1 was working sporting goods.
Thanks

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Our walmart has been out of icefishing stuff since january LOL.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Hi if any 1 knows a walmart in NJ that has that lowrance unit please let me know as I have family in NJ that could pick 1 up for me, I tried calling a few  NJ walmarts last night,but wasn't helped as no 1 was working sporting goods.
Thanks

I would get the Vexilar or the Marcum Frog11, I think you would be much happier, have someone show you the tri-color flasher on the ice and you will be sold no doubt!!

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2008, 05:34 PM »
the way they stock the fishing gear up here is rediculus   there are deep sea baits lures ect some 8 - 9" long  big ass hooks super large poles      and its 3 hrs plus to the ocean  the ice gear usually sells out real early   anything good by christmas   but as of the other day  there were 2 of those x67s still at full price
Talk to the manager I and tell him they are selling for 69.00 in Rockaway NJ maybe they will price match..Chickenfoot

Offline bigfoot697

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 17, 2008, 05:12 AM »
everyone know all the rednecks and wanna be rednecks shop at walmart even the ones that live in walworth,ny.

Offline Shovel74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2008, 05:27 AM »
Don't forget to let someone show you the Lowrance on the ice before you make your decision.  I think for the money the Lowrance is a great unit.  The graph is great to use on the ice.  I have never used a Vex or Marcum, but I love my Ice Machine.

Offline frog11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 17, 2008, 05:53 AM »
Ski Hunter can you tell me where you got those heritage lakers? but my luck there sold out to, lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.