Author Topic: drugs in the water supply??????  (Read 1616 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
drugs in the water supply??????
« on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:40 PM »
the news yesterday said there are drugs in our water supplies.  ::)i'm not feeling anything!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: drugs in the water supply??????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:50 PM »
A stash or a steady IV drip?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:51 PM »
now i know why nyc says they have the best water in new york. they're stoned!!! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline gcrossman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:59 PM »
At parts per billion/trillion I do not think we will notice.  Chlorine kills most bacteria at 1.5 part per million.
I understand their drugs, but where to drugs come from? Where do "they" expect use to get ride of our waste.  Any drug loses shelf life, maybe water will speed it up.   

Maybe growth hormones will produce bigger fish!!!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Usually they want to call it "pesticides."  Wonder why they are spinning it that way?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline ChamplainTigerShark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I was told that some bodies of water located near college towns, biologists are finding a sex ratio in fish that is predominantly female. They believe it may be due to an excess amount of estrogen in the water, caused by all the girls on birth control.   

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:12 PM »
new york city(and my home town of suffern) don't put clorine in the water. ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:14 PM »
new york city(and my home town of suffern) don't put clorine in the water. ;D

Do they use UV?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:16 PM »
like in ponds? i can ask my friend.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:24 PM »
If your town is all deep well they may not for their potable water supply. Just about everyone uses chlorine for their sewage plant effluent

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:29 PM »
we actually have the largest aquafier in new york. can supply my village for 20 years. it's right under the ramapo river.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:49 PM »
http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/npl/d930528.htm

Pooley, My military life (27 years ago) I was a civil engineer in water and waste water.... Thought you may find this interesting.  There is also a desalination plant being built drawing water from the Hudson that may be suppling you in the future....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:54 PM »
http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/npl/d930528.htm

Pooley, My military life (27 years ago) I was a civil engineer in water and waste water.... Thought you may find this interesting.  There is also a desalination plant being built drawing water from the Hudson that may be suppling you in the future....
thanks jimmy. we had a fuel tanker go over by our well fields a while ago. we had to buy nasty clorine smelling water from the big water company in the area. glad to see we're back to normal. ;D

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Now that would be a good stock to invest in. There is only so much fresh water. Lets all try to keep it clean.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I was told that some bodies of water located near college towns, biologists are finding a sex ratio in fish that is predominantly female. They believe it may be due to an excess amount of estrogen in the water, caused by all the girls on birth control.   

Yeah, and it has been said that the sperm count of us males has lowered over the years..for the same reason.  By my understanding, there is no known way to remove it from the water supply.  Possibly someone on here knows more then I do and can shed some light on this ...fact or fiction??.  Looking forward to a responce.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Only by distillation or Reverse Osmosis process.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:30 PM »

This is true. In the publication that I read at work " Chemical and Engineering News " they recently put a story in on this very issue. The synthetic hormone in birth control pills causes male fish to become infertile, at very low concentrations in the water. A major source of prescription drug chemicals in lakes and rivers is due to people flushing their pills down the toilet. Some chemicals, notably the synthetic hormone in " the pill " have adverse affects on fish at very low concentrations, the male fish in this case.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:20 AM »
And I thought I was getting man boobs from getting older. Now I can blame it on the water.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2008, 02:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the water supply in Washington, DC has chemicals in it that will cause stupidity in politicians.  :whistle: >:D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2008, 05:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the water supply in Washington, DC has chemicals in it that will cause stupidity in politicians.  :whistle: >:D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wacko: :wacko: :woot: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.