Author Topic: Hidden Lake this WEEKEND  (Read 845 times)

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
Hidden Lake this WEEKEND
« on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Well me and AKFISHRIPPER JR left saturday morning to go fishing at the outlet of SKILAK but when we got there the whole edge of the lake was open water so we decided to go to Hidden lake and try out luck.  We set up for the night on the far end in about 30-45ft of water for the night.  I caught a nice kokanee right off the bat on shrimp then we fished the rest of the night and didn't catch CRAP.
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline martenpine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when there is shot in the air there is hope
Re: Hidden Lake this WEEKEND
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:41 AM »
That lake is like that, I put some time on it this winter, and spent whole days without even a bump. But those lakers tasted so good I had to keep going back.

Offline martenpine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when there is shot in the air there is hope
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 05:11 PM »
I also read that a truck went thru on the far end on Sunday. They were able to pull it out. I guess every thing is winding down here.

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:42 AM »
Yea when we went to Skilak first and it had open water we just unloaded the snowmachine to be safe.  I've heard you can drive on 8 inches of ice but I stay off unless is atleast 12-18 inches. I don't think my insurance covers falling through the ice!!!!  As far as winding down, I agree. Maybe up north will be good for another 2-4 weeks at most with this weather.  ITS KENAI TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.