Author Topic: Echo or Pasqua  (Read 945 times)

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
Echo or Pasqua
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Want to get out on one of these lakes this weekend . Will I need to bring a quad or can I get around in a 4x4 truck? Do not like getting stuck But if I can just bring truck it is alot simpler...

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Echo or Pasqua
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:22 PM »
we were out last weekend and were ok until we made our own trail lol jusy stay on the paths and you should be fine if your in a half ton with some clerence ... a explorer and similar ... i unno if it would be able to make it anymore and similar vehicals but then too there are only a few bad spots mostly getting on and off the lake but once again this is all    IMO
hope this helps

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Thanks for the info. If I took my Quad and wanted to get into some perch where is the best place to unload? I carry a ramp just need a parking area that is safe to leave truck. I just bought a vertical sonar and am itching to try it out... I hate to go on a lake totally blind so any info is apreciated....

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:19 AM »
i have been going on the east end of echo there are still so,e shacks around here and there i was out a couple weeks in a row with some good succes and then the wind came in and drifted over our holes so now i cant find my old spot so the fishing has been a little slower lol but pick a spot and try perch are close to the bottom and they are all over lots of small ones with some nice ones in the mixyou can get on through the old hospitol or there is another place on the north side of the lake from ft que drive past the campground up the hil and continue you on for a little bit you will notice a boat house or something i guess kinda a cream color on your left hand side. that is the other place you can get on

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2008, 01:46 PM »
catching lots of perch, walleye and pike on the east end of the lake. snow cover is minimal and you can drive around in a car if you find a good spot to get on. on the west end we were catching perch all over and there were a couple of small cars with very low clearance on the ice. you will probly need an auger extension as my jiffy didnt make it completely through in some areas. swedish pimples and genz worms are working good with minnows.

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have a 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge that has good clearance so I should be okay. I always loved the genz worm until I put a chain snell on a small deadly dick .That is now my go to hook

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.