The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Great lengths to enjoy our favorite pastime?  (Read 462 times)

Offline zonks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great lengths to enjoy our favorite pastime?
« on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:39 PM »
Just wondering to what great lengths do we go to ice fish. I know I'll do anything. Last year I was heading to Higgins, leaving GB well before sunrise in my hoopdie Buick in a white out snowstorm. Stopped at 81 and 75 for a coffee when I got rear ended by a Peterbuilt. The only thing I was mad about was my shanty sticking out of my trunk held down with a bungee strap. Good thing the shanty was injured or else I would've been P.O.'d. Driver tried to give me $120, all he had on him. I took $100 and told him I didn't want to make his day as bad as mine started. He insisted I take something even though J Fish works in a body shop lol. And then I decided to go up to Higgins this year on the coldest day of the year, in a blizzard dang near, and my heat went out before I cleared Flint. Did I turn around? Heck no! I fired up the Cat heater (which by the way doesn't heat a full size van or a shanty worth crap), cracked a couple windows, and kept on truckin. It took about 6 hours, ten frost bit toes and caught a dinner worth of fish, but still had a blast. Ahh the memories we make.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.