The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175710 times)

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #930 on: Nov 05, 2010, 02:53 PM »
looks like a nice one mo, only thing that would make it better is if that picture was taking this morning....

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
« Reply #931 on: Nov 05, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Mo, Real nice fish only caught a few that big this past season.
Ron

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #932 on: Nov 06, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Bought a trailer at Slippery Rock campground recently and hope to do some ice fishing with you guys at Arthur this winter. Won't have to drive back and forth from the Mon valley.

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #933 on: Nov 07, 2010, 05:15 AM »
Cool, That puts you about 10 min. from being on the ice. It's been so nice this summer since they opened the new bridge over 79. There was a new bait dealer opened right across from the Dairy Queen at the begining of West Park but his minnow supplier went out of buisiness and the bait shop closed it's door till april. A real disapointment as he was right on my way but with the new bridges over 422 and muddy creek open it's only a 5 min. trip over to O'Donnells from Mc'Daniels so bait shouldn't be a problem. Look us up on the ice or email me and we can get together. Check out the "gathering posts", Dec. 5 at Mc'Daniels is a get together for us "shanty icefishermen". Look to see you there. If there is no ice on the lake or the roads I'll bring the pontoon boat. It's good for 6 at a time and is a great tool for locating good fishing spots for when the ice comes on. That and it's just fun to be out on the boat. See you there, ask for dan

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #934 on: Nov 07, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Mo, Real nice fish only caught a few that big this past season.
this is my first year with a vex used to poke and pray the old way worked but now the vex shows the prayers being answered lol as i downsized my bait 3" or less my crappie ratio has escalated while bass still being caught, hope our posts help those out who arent as successfull.my invite is your welcome to fish with us and as a" family" we can fill the freezer
GOD bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline jmh58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #935 on: Nov 07, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Hey MO.. You show me where to catchum and you can have ALL I land!! :o John ;D
A great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!  Lookee there....I got a bite!!

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #936 on: Nov 07, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Thanks,Dan==keep in touch and let me know what is going on in your area. I was at camp today cleaning up and the creek looked great. Can't wait to trout fish that stretch next spring. John

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #937 on: Nov 07, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Might hit the lake one last time for fishing (and scouting for late season duck  :o) this week, then probably wait for the ice, can't wait for this season.   ;D 

Time to start getting gear in order.  Thanks to Pajns letting me try his fish finder on the ice last year, I now need to find one for this season.  ::)  :D  Almost done rebuilding the power auger and new ice seat.  Still have to build the shack and dig out the rest of my equipment, so the ice better hold off for a little while yet...   
[signature removed]

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #938 on: Nov 08, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Hey MO.. You show me where to catchum and you can have ALL I land!! :o John ;D
i'll let you know when where how and why soon your in da family
GOD bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #939 on: Nov 10, 2010, 04:18 AM »
Was down to the lake last night. Water temp is 47. Down from 54 last week. It's coming

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #940 on: Nov 10, 2010, 09:53 PM »
thats a good start but still a ways to go

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #941 on: Nov 11, 2010, 02:16 PM »
thats a good start but still a ways to go
are ya studing thermodynamics up at that college young man lol first week of december is not a way to go see ya out there soooooooooooooooon
GOD bless
mo

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #942 on: Nov 13, 2010, 04:39 AM »
A little friendly warning for all you folks still using the launch ramps. If you use the 528 ramp at the bridge and you back out to far( the water is low and you have to back out farther than normal) your trailer wheels will fall off the concrete drop off at the end of the ramp. Your boat will be floating but your trailer will be stuck and it will probably take 4 wheel drive to get out and it will probably rip the spring hangers off the frame. This will make the trailer hop and bounce and make all kinds of racket and render it pretty much useless for hauling your boat and then you will get to spend the next 4 hours with chains, binders, welder and grinder, sledge hammers, ect....... fixing your trailer in the parking lot instead of fishing. I've been to the lake 30+ times this year and that's the first bad time I've had so be carefull.
McDaniel's is the opposite, there is something down there that sticks up and likes to bust tail lights off.
Good Fishing

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #943 on: Nov 13, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with florocarbon line? Is it any good to make leaders for my tip ups? I found a good price on some "Stren", 17lb florocarbon and thought I'd give it a try.

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
« Reply #944 on: Nov 14, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with fluorocarbon line? Is it any good to make leaders for my tip ups? I found a good price on some "Stren", 17lb fluorocarbon and thought I'd give it a try.

I use the 17lb to 30lb fluorocarbon when fishing with 6-8" bait for pike. Have had good success so far. I do use a couple heavy swivels between the Dacron line and the fluorocarbon, this helps when one is hooked up I am able to take swivel off an put another on so as to put the line back in the water quickly.Tightlines.
Ron

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #945 on: Nov 14, 2010, 09:07 AM »
That's a really good idea with the snap swivels. I think I'll make up some extra leaders to have them onhand. Thanks

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #946 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:02 PM »

Remembering last ice! Looking forward to first ice!
God bless!
Mo

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #947 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:04 PM »
The littlest fish was 16 inches, as I looked at the photograph, I thought it was unusual!
Mo

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #948 on: Nov 24, 2010, 03:24 PM »
i'm almost ready to go the fish hook lights are up auger out not fired up sleds out shanty out new tires on the truck, bait in the tank screws for the boots vex ready to be charged jiggy poles to be relined tipups to get new leaders mono of course new downsized treble hooks size 8 and 10  am i missing something oh ya  ice ice ice ice ice ice eci eci eci eci eci eci  ???
GOD BLESS
MO

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #949 on: Nov 24, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Mo, you are definately an ice fishin FANATIC! Gonna have to meet you and the guys at Arthur this winter.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #950 on: Nov 28, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Mo, you are definately an ice fishin FANATIC! Gonna have to meet you and the guys at Arthur this winter.
coneecewa sumo son have to hook up down da yough for those lake run bows got one years ago 18"L 12"w red flesh no one fishes deeeeeeep for them like80fow used to have a freind on the south shore in deep water fished off the end of the dock want to ice fish it bad
GOD bless
mo

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #951 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Mo, we are gonna get u some 'bows' this year. Never ice-fished the yough--only fished the river some. Now I want to fish Arthur and Wilhelm for some panfish. You can have all the bass! Gonna be fine to fish with another 'old' guy.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #952 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:55 PM »
Mo, we are gonna get u some 'bows' this year. Never ice-fished the yough--only fished the river some. Now I want to fish Arthur and Wilhelm for some panfish. You can have all the bass! Gonna be fine to fish with another 'old' guy.
arthur to me no good for pannies only saw 1 10" gill ever did see a hole bunch of slabbies though and perch are hard to get too in the deeeeep water its a walk an old guy dont like. i do have a spot in mind shhhhhhhhhhhhhh if the ice gets thick that this is the year, as for wilhelm mo jr got a 2.2 lb crappie and we used to jig for fun for gills and perch never got any big ones,woodcock someofthe biggest perch i saw 12"to14" to me pa is not a good pan fish state maybe conneaut or the geneva swamp or pymy
GOD bless
mo

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #953 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:23 PM »
It's coming guys....slowly but surely ;D. I was hunting out Moraine today and the bays had skim ice ::) :o!!

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #954 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:55 PM »
I was up at Slippery rock campground today and all of the ponds had skim ice! The weather is calling for nites in the mid 20's from tomorrow nite on.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #955 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:45 PM »
this cold rain will help chill m/c down so the cold comin will get it going is the lake still down dont want to mow to fish lol
GOD bless
mo

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #956 on: Nov 30, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Last week I'd say the water was down maybe a foot at the most, if that.  It is down a little, but I don't think it's that bad, seen a lot worse.  Not sure if they are trying to keep it down with the dam, or if it was just the rainfall this year?
[signature removed]

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #957 on: Nov 30, 2010, 04:12 PM »
I got to say the lack of rainfall. I was below the dam a couple weeks ago fishing the creek and there was only a trickle of water coming out. But...... come to think on it, my map says it's 1' lower in the winter than in the summer. I'll just have to ask one of the DNRC guys the next time I see one and ask if they do lower it for the winter and if they do, why?

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #958 on: Nov 30, 2010, 06:46 PM »
upcoming forcast is looking really good, looks like we should be able to get on before christmas if the weather men are right

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #959 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:13 PM »
upcoming forcast is looking really good, looks like we should be able to get on before christmas if the weather men are right
great to hear from ya young man hope all is well
GOD bless
mo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.