The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175705 times)

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #840 on: Feb 12, 2010, 04:21 PM »
anyone been out lately???
DAD & I ARE HEADING OUT TOMORROW. I'LL LET YA KNOW. I FOUND A WEBSITE CALLED FISHFINDER.COM. I SAW LOTS OF QUOTES & PICS THERE OF YOU AND YOU DAD FROM THE BOATING SEASON. GOOD-JOB!! I'LL HAVE TO USE THAT SITE MYSELF ONCE THE ICE GOES.

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #841 on: Feb 12, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Today's catch from MC.

The ice is really sloppy, make sure you have waterproof boots!! Tough draggin also.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #842 on: Feb 12, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Today's catch from MC.
(Image removed from quote.)
The ice is really sloppy, make sure you have waterproof boots!! Tough draggin also.
THATS A GIRTHY GAL!!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #843 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Sure is......Good Job Mote1977..
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #844 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:05 PM »
THATS A GIRTHY GAL!!
Just had her for dinner and she was great!!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #845 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Bring on the snow.  :P  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)

Wonder what the cost is for dragging fishin stuff out is??....LMAO    Nice looking sled  !!!
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #846 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:18 PM »
we were out today and fished with blaze cammo,pajns,eddie spaghetti and icefishermik for a few hours. got some gills saw some gills,crappies,perch and a bass on the camera.not a bad day to be out.(the wind was blowing)
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #847 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Fished Arthur from 9ish till 6:30ish. Had the pleasure of meeting Blaze Camo. Fished with Gambler, Lil Maggot, Icefishermik and His friend Dan. Thanks for bringing the Gas auger Gambler and drillin them holes. My back and shoulder also thank you. Eddie Spaghetti showed  right at lunch time with a Pizza. Pizza was Great but the deliver change I thought was a tad high....LOL   Thanks Eddie. 4-6 inches water and slush on the Ice. Maybe 3 clear ice.. rest white and I never measured total ice depth. Four flags with only one small Bass landed. Always good to fish with a great group of guys. Hope it either tightens that slush up or warms and melts some of it. Man its not only tough dragging,,,,its tough walking...LOL 

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #848 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:50 PM »
Thanks for bringing the Gas auger Gambler and drillin them holes.

The auger enjoyed the hole drillin. She was glad to breathe and get the run time. Thanks for the grillin John. Those brats and sausages hit the spot!!
We was drillin and grillin!!!!  ;D ;D
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #849 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:01 PM »
 :thumbsup:   You left right on time Gambler cause right after that we was Chilllin....LOL   

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #850 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:22 PM »
It was a great afternoon to be out, in spite of the snow and cold. We'll have to make plans for more "chillin, drillin, and grillin" later on in the season. Thanks Pajns for the fine lunch.  Ed

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #851 on: Feb 13, 2010, 10:51 PM »
It was a great afternoon to be out, in spite of the snow and cold. We'll have to make plans for more "chillin, drillin, and grillin" later on in the season. Thanks Pajns for the fine lunch.  Ed

pizza delivery on the ice. doesn't get any better than that! thanks eddie. should of kept some of those gills. you could put them on the pizza next time instead of anchovies.

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #852 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Great fishing with you guys!!! Nice meeting you pajns!! Thanks for the pizza Eddie!!   Little mag and Gambler sorry we didn't get to chat too much..It was a great day to be out!!   Too bad the bite was slow!  but i did manage 2 keepers and 6 throw backs.

I just cant figure out if Mick is.. lucky or just that good!  lol...I think maybe he has skills that most don't have!!!lol

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #853 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Great fishing with you guys!!! Nice meeting you pajns!! Thanks for the pizza Eddie!!   Little mag and Gambler sorry we didn't get to chat too much..It was a great day to be out!!   Too bad the bite was slow!  but i did manage 2 keepers and 6 throw backs.

I just cant figure out if Mick is.. lucky or just that good!  lol...I think maybe he has skills that most don't have!!!lol

I think it's the LONG drive I make to get there. You have to try a little harder to make it worth the trouble.

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #854 on: Feb 14, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Fished Arthur from 9ish till 6:30ish. Had the pleasure of meeting Blaze Camo. Fished with Gambler, Lil Maggot, Icefishermik and His friend Dan. Thanks for bringing the Gas auger Gambler and drillin them holes. My back and shoulder also thank you. Eddie Spaghetti showed  right at lunch time with a Pizza. Pizza was Great but the deliver change I thought was a tad high....LOL   Thanks Eddie. 4-6 inches water and slush on the Ice. Maybe 3 clear ice.. rest white and I never measured total ice depth. Four flags with only one small Bass landed. Always good to fish with a great group of guys. Hope it either tightens that slush up or warms and melts some of it. Man its not only tough dragging,,,,its tough walking...LOL 

are you yiddish by any chance?

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #855 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:20 PM »
How thick is the ice at morain ?
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline fisherofmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #856 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I was out in front of church yesterday. Didn't want to pull any farther. Could not reach bottom of ice with my scoop. Must have been 12 or more inches, the bottom three or four clear, above that milky top was frozen snow. places you would sink into the slush places you could walk on top. Cought about fifteen fish three keepers, gills.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #857 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:36 AM »

are you yiddish by any chance?

No sir...Not Yiddish.  But you got the ISH part right. You just need to put a POLe infront of it...... ::)

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #858 on: Feb 15, 2010, 06:36 PM »
thanks fisherformen for the ice report also talked to 1mofish last night via phone. want to fish but work is keeping me tied up. stuck working weekends with all this snow may try herferd mannor with 1mo in near future hope ice is still good in 1 1/2 weeks.
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #859 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:57 PM »

No luck involved - IcefisherMik is an ice fishing savant!

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #860 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:00 PM »
fished the mouth of mc today,bite was kinda slow,pull out was no fun.most of the time we went through every step.parking is still hard,the church i heard is renting spaces and you get a spot at 4 maples with it :D

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #861 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:20 PM »

PART OF SATURDAYS CATCH

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #862 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:23 PM »

MY 2 BIGGEST FROM 2/13/10 13.5" & 14"

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #863 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:25 PM »

MY 2 BASS AND A GROUPER FROM 2/13/10

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #864 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:28 PM »

20" 5LB 9OZ 16.5" GIRTH  (FELT MUCH HEAVIER THAN THAT)
HAD LOTS OF EGGS, BUT AN EMPTY STOMACH!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #865 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:33 PM »

MY 30" MALE SNAKE FROM SATURDAY TOO. AS YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING WAS BITING THAT DAY!!

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #866 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Nice fish Fishhunter. Bite was really slow today.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #867 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:10 PM »
bite was real slow for us today.off mcdanels ea had 6"water and snow on 5" of ice.off 528 on trout side 6-8" water snow on about 8" ice.mc road very bad.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #868 on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:02 AM »
If you could reposition that pike I could have read the Giant Eagle add. nice fish,my son and I had a good day Thursday 52 Bulls 8-10 inches,7 crappie 10-11 inches,3 bass over 15 and 1 perch 11 inches,it's been a good year,but could have been a great year without the snow,our go to lake had 6 inches of snow, 4 inches of slop,8 inches of white ice and 6 inches of hard clear ice,without the snow this year and all the cold we would have been knee deep with ice,so much for global warming.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #869 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:06 AM »
If you could reposition that pike I could have read the Giant Eagle add. nice fish,my son and I had a good day Thursday 52 Bulls 8-10 inches,7 crappie 10-11 inches,3 bass over 15 and 1 perch 11 inches,it's been a good year,but could have been a great year without the snow,our go to lake had 6 inches of snow, 4 inches of slop,8 inches of white ice and 6 inches of hard clear ice,without the snow this year and all the cold we would have been knee deep with ice,so much for global warming.
I WISH ARTHUR ONLY HAD 6" OF SNOW. I'M HOPING IT GOT WARM ENOUGH YESTERDAY TO MELT THE SNOW JUST ENOUGH THAT THE TOP FROZE SOLID TO WALK ON. ITS 16"-17" DEEP IN SOME PLACES. VERY FEW GUYS HAVE BEEN OUT SINCE THE FIRST BIG SNOW STORM. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.