The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175707 times)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #780 on: Jan 28, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking for Ice access.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #781 on: Jan 28, 2010, 02:21 PM »
i would try to get 7 than you are kinda by yourself and no steep hill or steps.it is the one looking at the entrance to dutchhollow.

Offline HartzSRU

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #782 on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Was out today at the mouth of Muddy Creek. Caught about 10 small bluegill right off the bottom. Ice is about 6 inches thick out in the middle. Shore is still a little soft at the edges.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #783 on: Jan 29, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Was out today at the mouth of Muddy Creek. Caught about 10 small bluegill right off the bottom. Ice is about 6 inches thick out in the middle. Shore is still a little soft at the edges.
was out your way last night downtown akron snowed pretty good milton was open in places meander was alot open inthe channel   where did you get on is the snow piling up lotta old holes hope they tightened up be lookin for johnny he's due lol 
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #784 on: Jan 29, 2010, 10:09 PM »
was at the mouth of mc today ,shanty on crappie point and a couple up by parking lot no one else in sight ,ice about 5" in 18ft  shore cracking a little at dead end road mouth of mc but held,cold not pull anything off old bridge but 3" gills and couple of crappie.did a little bit better at mouth of shanon but still slow.it was a tad nippy and bite was slow but the bad news was when i got home I.S. was shut down,was a stressfull time there for a little while.fish on!!!!!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #785 on: Jan 30, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I HIT THE MOUTH OF MC TODAY. PLENTY OF ICE, BUT VERY FEW CRAPPIE. WE DID MANAGE TWO GOOD PIKE AND A COUPLE SMALLER ONES. 2 CHANNEL CATS AND A FEW SMALL CRAPPIE. HAD A LOT OF BITES ON DIFFERENT JIGS AND MINNOWS, BUT VERY FEW TAKERS. I DIDN'T SEE ANYONE DOING ANY RUNNING AT ALL. HOPEFULLY THE GUYS ON SHANNONS HAD BETTER LUCK. THE PARKING LOT OVER THERE RAN OUT OF SPACES!!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #786 on: Jan 30, 2010, 09:58 PM »

22" CHANNEL 25 1/2" PIKE & CRAPPIE

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #787 on: Jan 30, 2010, 10:01 PM »
nice to put a face to the fearsome 2some  time2fish and dave  was a pleasure to meet you and thankx again for the hot tip  
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #788 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:26 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
22" CHANNEL 25 1/2" PIKE & CRAPPIE
now thats a variety platter.
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #789 on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:16 AM »
looks like that pike has a couple crappie stuffed in it.tell us the truth ,you caght 3 crappie and stuffed two in the pike ;D :D i think they do something like that with a duck and a turkey or something.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #790 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:11 AM »
looks like that pike has a couple crappie stuffed in it.tell us the truth ,you caght 3 crappie and stuffed two in the pike ;D :D i think they do something like that with a duck and a turkey or something.
YA, LIKE A TURDUCKEN!! A TURKEY, STUFFED WITH A DUCK AND A CHICKEN INSIDE THE DUCK. I DID A PIKCRAPERCH. A PIKE STUFFED WITH A CRAPPIE WITH A PERCH INSIDE IT!!LOL!!  THE PIKE WAS STUFFED WITH AN 8" ALEWIFE. THE OTHER 2 CRAPPIE I GAVE TO DAD TO PUT WITH HIS PIKE AND CATFISH.

Offline ihavethetools

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #791 on: Jan 31, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Fished mouth of Shannon today, 7:30 - 1:30. Nothing but dink gills. Talked to a couple other guys, same thing and a couple small crappie and a couple little perch. Didn't see as many guys on the ice as yesterday. Hoping it's the full moon turning off the bite. Got to finally use my new LX-5. SWEET !!! Don't know how i ever ice fished without one. Now i'll never go out without it.

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #792 on: Jan 31, 2010, 05:04 PM »
nice to put a face to the fearsome 2some  time2fish and dave  was a pleasure to meet you and thankx again for the hot tip  
mo

Likewise, was a pleasure to meet you and the "A Team". Great catch, beautiful bass!

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #793 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:40 PM »
went out today with Pajns and eddie spaghetti.fished for a couple hours with few fish and no flags.a bit cold.but all in all a good day to be out on the lake.
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #794 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Today the fish won. Fished Shannon with Eddie Spaghetti....Gambler and Lil Maggot. Couple flags with no fish landed. The Ole drive bys...LOL  Jigged up handful of small gills. Only good thing about today was the company and just being out. Thanks for the day Guys. Next time we will win...
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #795 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Today the fish won. Fished Shannon with Eddie Spaghetti....Gambler and Lil Maggot. Couple flags with no fish landed. The Ole drive bys...LOL  Jigged up handful of small gills. Only good thing about today was the company and just being out. Thanks for the day Guys. Next time we will win...
took your idea and ran with it johnny went out to the dam fished all the structure mo jr fished the ramp to the dam  :o few flags few hits few runs  no errors no one left on base lol or the stringer i fished the classic striper point no one home hope to get them next time   
mo

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #796 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Don't worry 1Mo that was the first inning...Lotta game left.  I just need to find a new field to play on....LOL Or change my jiggin stance......

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #797 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:20 AM »
its the moon its febuary we moved all excuses   good ones though lol its fishin not catchin i hate fishin i like catchin someguys love fishin  ??? i dont understand lol in heaven my millionaire neighbor owns the fish cleaning station lol
mo

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #798 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:15 PM »
fished from about noon till 5 had allot of fun with chanel cats ,total 8 running from 4lbs to 7.5lbs handfull of crappie.14 fow hitting forage minnows.those cats were 5-6ft off bottom,above the crappie.good ice

Offline Jbiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #799 on: Feb 01, 2010, 06:53 PM »
what do you guys use to catch catfish...tip ups??? jigin rods...what kinda bait??? I am not looking for grandpa's secret recipe...just some hints...thanks

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #800 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:04 PM »
what do you guys use to catch catfish...tip ups??? jigin rods...what kinda bait??? I am not looking for grandpa's secret recipe...just some hints...thanks
I'VE CAUGHT QUITE A FEW THIS YEAR. ALL MINE HAVE BEEN ON JIGGIN RODS. SOME ON FATHEADS AND SOME ON JIGS & WAXIES. ALL HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN WATER 10-16 FEET. I'VE HOOKED THEM IN 6 DIFFERENT AREAS SO FOR SOME REASON IN THE LAST WEEK THEY'VE BEEN GOING CRAZY.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #801 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:12 PM »
MET MONSTERFISH AND 1MOSLAB TODAY. KNEW MOSLAB FROM BACK IN THE DAY!! HE KNOWS HOW 2 CATCH'EM. DIDN'T HAVE A GREAT DAY, BUT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE. HIT A FEW SLABS, A COUPLE BASS, COUPLE CATS, AND A LOT OF THROWBACK PERCH!! THINGS SHOULD PICK UP OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #802 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:29 PM »
i hit them jigging for crappie,usually on magots,they all have been 4-6ft off bottom.

Offline fly_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frozen holes are no good!!!!
« Reply #803 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Under the knife

The last swim

Bigger than the pot!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #804 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:47 PM »
THATS A NICE MIX OF WHITES AND BLACKS!! THE CATCHINS BEEN GOOD. GET IT WHILE IT LASTS!!

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #805 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Now those are some nice slabs!! I still haven't figured the slabs out at Arthur yet. I got the bass figured out but still havin trouble with slabs. I'll get into them one of these days though,lol.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #806 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:14 PM »
1 flag all day,crappie.1 5lb cat ,handfull of keeper crappie.punched about 75 holes ice is nice 8-9" and were its clear we are able to shoot through with our flashers.beautiful day on the ice.forage minnow ruled the day again ,sometimes i don't know why i carry all the other stuff. fish on!!!!!!! stay dry.

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
« Reply #807 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Now those are some nice slabs!! I still haven't figured the slabs out at Arthur yet. I got the bass figured out but still havin trouble with slabs. I'll get into them one of these days though,lol.

X2
Ron

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #808 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:02 AM »
MMMmmmmmm  Crappie. Once again good job Fly_Chaser. Atleast now I know what they look like...LOL   Guess its time to target them Slabs.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #809 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:20 AM »
THIS WOULD BE THE CAPTAINS FAMILY VARIETY FEAST!! THESE WERE CAUGHT MONDAY.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.