The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175709 times)

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #690 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Do you think we will still have good ice tomorrow in MC?
Ron

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #691 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Thanks eddie, cool pics.   ;D
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #692 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Howdy all,    Long time reader ..First time poster....
 Ive been fishing lake Arthur since it was flooded, when I was a kid.
Ive been ice fishing it since the early 80s....I did not ice fish at all last year and didn't get out till late this year (last wed) But Ive been on the ice every day since.... This year has been awesome so far!   I hope the ice lasts a long time!

I had the pleasure of meeting" icefishermik " last Thursday, and we fished together on Friday. We had a great day, lots of flags, good weather,and lots of laughs!!! Too bad we had to throw most of the fish back...lol

I'm sure I have crossed paths with allot of you guys before, especially the Butler boys.. After looking back through this thread I'm pretty sure I walked past
"1MOFISH" and company on Saturday (or at least someone that looks like you in your photos)

Looking forward to chatting with you all..and I will post some pics soon.

was you on the fast track to the back of the bay long pull 
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #693 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:37 PM »
lil maggot had a good time today!!
Boy that kid loves to fish!!!
And it was great getting out with all of you shanty guys today. Had a real good time. And thanks for listening Mo!!!  Real nice family by the way.
no no thank you, that maggot can fish and thankx for the slabs put a couple on the stringer with them toon chi thankx you also will be prayin for you 
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #694 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:49 PM »
nice pic's, looks like every body had fun. but i didn't see Toon chi in the pic's lol

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #695 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:54 PM »
nice pic's, looks like every body had fun. but i didn't see Toon chi in the pic's lol
ah so the illusive toon chi no time to takey picture he got another flag  :o sorry about what happened to his jiggy rod  ::) pajns rod has company lol 
mo

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #696 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:58 PM »

I can personally confirm that Toon Chi does exist!!
And he does move swiftly.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #697 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:16 PM »
was you on the fast track to the back of the bay long pull 
mo

lol...ya that was me, we were runnin late.  Fished with my wife and daughter..and left the house about an hour and a half later than I wanted to...But i guess that comes with fishin with women...Lol

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #698 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Chilling out in the shade
Mo Jr and the A-team

How come Toon Chi gets all the flags?

The guppies bassing around

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #699 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:47 PM »
great pics Mo!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #700 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:55 PM »
great pics Mo!
thankx   id like to pick your brain on the early memories of the structure by the wardens house i hear the eyes where stacked up there in late late fall   thankx again   
mo

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #701 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:40 AM »
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN FISHING IN MY SLED. I WAS ON MC IN 14FOW. CAUGHT 30, BUT ONLY 5 SLABS. BIGGEST WAS 1.5. THE BITE STARTED ABOUT 5:45 AND ENDED AT 8:30. TIP-UPS WERE DEAD. THERE'S JUST NO BASS TO BE HAD IN MY CAPPIE AREAS AND NO CRAPPIE TO BE HAD IN MY BASS AREAS. I NEED TO FIND A SPOT THATS A BETTER MIX.
[/q    it sounds like if i was in your sled at 4 maples i would have caught more fish fishhunter :bow: i agree its a challenge to target both bass and crappie its like they just don't get along :unsure: stay dry.
I DIDN'T GET TO FISH THE MAPLES YET THIS YEAR. I WAS THERE EARLY ON SATURDAY, BUT DECIDED ON ANOTHER SPOT. YOU GET CROWDED OUT AT THE MAPLES AND I LIKE TO RUN TIP-UPS.  I COULD SEE THE MAPLES AND NO ONE EVEN SHOWED UP TO FISH UNTIL AFTER 7. A GUY WITH A DOG SPREAD OUT 5 FLAGS AND 1/2 HOUR LATER 2 GUYS WERE JIGGING RIGHT BETWEEN 2 OF HIS TIP-UPS. LOL!! I DON'T THINK HE WAS TO HAPPY CAUSE HE LEFT ABOUT 9:30. THE MAPLES IS A GOOD PLACE BUT WHEN A SCHOOL COMES IN THOSE FISH ARE BEING THINNED OUT BY 6-8 FISHERMEN. ANOTHER WORDS NO ONE GUY IS LEAVING WITH 30+ FISH THEIR BEING SPLIT UP 6-8 WAYS. THERES OTHER SPOTS OUT THERE VERY SIMILAR THAT SEEM TO BE MUCH MORE OF A SECRET. GOOD-FISHIN!!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #702 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Howdy all,    Long time reader ..First time poster....
 Ive been fishing lake Arthur since it was flooded, when I was a kid.
Ive been ice fishing it since the early 80s....I did not ice fish at all last year and didn't get out till late this year (last wed) But Ive been on the ice every day since.... This year has been awesome so far!   I hope the ice lasts a long time!

I had the pleasure of meeting" icefishermik " last Thursday, and we fished together on Friday. We had a great day, lots of flags, good weather,and lots of laughs!!! Too bad we had to throw most of the fish back...lol

I'm sure I have crossed paths with allot of you guys before, especially the Butler boys.. After looking back through this thread I'm pretty sure I walked past
"1MOFISH" and company on Saturday (or at least someone that looks like you in your photos)

WELCOME ABOARD!! IF YOU ICEFISHED IN THE 80'S YOU HAVE PROBABLY RUN IN TO MY DAD N I. HE'S BEEN ICEFISHING SINCE THE FIRST ICE OVER WHICH I BELIEVE WAS 1969 OR 70. I STARTED IN 1983 AND FROM 1983-1988 WE ONLY FISHED SWAMP RUN COVE. MOSTLY UP AT THE BELLS. I STILL REMEMBER MOST OF THOSE GUYS THAT WE RAN INTO BY THEIR LAST NAME. I SURE DID LEARN ALOT BACK THEN AND MAN THOSE DAYS WERE INCREDIBLE. YOU NEVER EVEN HAD TO MEASURE THE FISH BACK THEN BECAUSE IF THEY WEREN'T 4+ POUNDS YOU THREW IT BACK KNOWING YOU'D END UP WITH 6 KEEPERS OVER 4 LBS BEFORE YOU LEFT ANYWAYS AND THAT WAS BY NOON!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all..and I will post some pics soon.

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #703 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Ok picture time!  These pics are from the last couple of days, different parts of the lake.

Me

This is my buddys kid ..Logan .. 2nd time on the ice

His first fish on a tip up

a couple of 5 pounders

a nice stringer

end of the day

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #704 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Nice pics Blaze. I think we spoke at the end of the day Sunday, up by my truck. What a difference a day made for the fishing.

Ed

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #705 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Nice pics Blaze. I think we spoke at the end of the day Sunday, up by my truck. What a difference a day made for the fishing.

Ed

Ya... you were askin about lost hemostats.   Its nice to put a face to a name!!

No doubt about it.... it sure got alot slower!

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #706 on: Jan 18, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Nice pic's guy's

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #707 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:50 PM »
NOCATCHEM with His first Pike thru the Ice.

Fished Shannon today with Creektroll and Nocatchem (Toocheaptosmoke)  Ice 3  black and maybe 3 white...total 6 where we was fishing. Few flags for me with one keeper. Gill bite OK till I ran outta waxworms. No crappie for me but seen couple caught. Thanks for the map Toocheaptosmoke and Thanks to Creektroll and Toocheap for the day. Hope to see everyone on the Ice soon if it holds out.......
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #708 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:07 PM »
NOCATCHEM with His first Pike....

Haha, first pike through the ice anyways.  ;D   

Was a nice day out, but I think I will be staying off the ice until it starts building again.  Still had about 3" of good ice under the bad stuff, but if the sun stays out and the runoff continues it could get thin in spots getting water.  :-\
[signature removed]

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #709 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Way to go Vinny. Wait, shouldn't you be in school, what a life!

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #710 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Way to go Vinny. Wait, shouldn't you be in school, what a life!

MLK day.  ;D
[signature removed]

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #711 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Only reason He is going back to School is cause past few day He wore his tipups out. All the grease needs changed cause He burned it out.. ;D
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #712 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Vinny, the way you never catch fish is amaizing. Can't wait to see you really get into them!!   ;D
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #713 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:27 PM »

I'M TRYING THIS POST THING OUT FINALLY. IF IT WORKS THERE SHOULD BE 3 BASS FROM 1/2/10 20" 18.5" 17" & 11.5 CRAPPIE

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #714 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:30 PM »
SUCCESS!! NOW I JUST HAVE TO SHRINK THEM. MY FIANCE ALREADY PRINTED AND DELETED ALL MY EARLY ICE PIC'S. I JUST HAVE THE JANUARY PICS TO POST!!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #715 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:34 PM »

2 NICE BASS FROM 1/9/10

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #716 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:40 PM »

NICE BASS AND SOME SLABS FROM LAST WEEK

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #717 on: Jan 20, 2010, 06:55 AM »
Go boys,bass " ICE BASSMASTERS" you guys get more than the summer time boys'well I know you eat more than them.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #718 on: Jan 20, 2010, 07:28 AM »
Nice pics !!  Keep em coming  !!!!!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #719 on: Jan 20, 2010, 12:56 PM »

THE NICEST ONES FROM 1/14/10 16 TOTAL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.