The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: SE WY ice conditions  (Read 1634 times)

Offline wyomingchad

• Team IceShanty Regular
SE WY ice conditions
« on: Mar 03, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Does anybody have any reports on ice conditions in Southeast Wyoming?  I am looking at Hawk Springs, Glendo, Packers, Granite, Crystal or Hattie info for an upcoming trip this weekend to one of these lakes.  I have not been out in two weeks and am wondering if any ice is left.  Thanks for the help.

Offline gray goose

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SE WY ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:38 PM »
the shoreline is bad at glendo and there are holes around the south end an up in the redhill area
 and sandy beach .it don't look good.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2008, 07:59 AM »
What one guy considers safe scares someone else but my own opinion of Hattie after fishing this weekend is that it is no longer safe...unless they get some much colder weather this week, I wouldn't go there.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Looks like all the lakes over in Sublette Cty are still in great shape, maybe worth the drive as opposed to playing on rotten ice over here?  ;D :tipup:

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2008, 10:57 AM »
The ice on the lakes around Pinedale is actually better now than it has been for most of the winter.  The freezing thawing cycle has created a nice crust, and the overflow issue seems  over, unless we get a huge dump of snow. 

I am sure with our endless winters here the ice will be fishable for longer than I want to keep ice fishing!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2008, 11:11 AM »
I'm aiming for Half Moon this Thursday. Right offa the boat dock. Good to know Dorado, thanks,  Don  ;D

Offline FishinPharmacist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Wouldn't recommend going out in SE wyoming.  Cheyenne had 65 degree weather on Sat the 1st and then it snowed on Sun.  Weather is all over the place right now.  One thing is the same-WIND.  Crystal was about 1/3 open water Sat and the rest of the ice was pretty gray.

Offline BSTIME

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Does anybody have any reports on ice conditions in Southeast Wyoming?  I am looking at Hawk Springs, Glendo, Packers, Granite, Crystal or Hattie info for an upcoming trip this weekend to one of these lakes.  I have not been out in two weeks and am wondering if any ice is left.  Thanks for the help.

I drove around Glendo yesterday. I would not get on it. South side is lots of open water. There is ice at Reno but a good stretch of open water to get to it. I wouldn't do it. Im done with Glendo on the ice. Getting the boat ready. With some more warm wind Im betting 2 weeks max till 100% soft water. Inlet is open for a good 1/2 mile. From the highway it looks like lots of open water past airport bay on the east side in the main channel.

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2008, 08:24 PM »
have any luck with prespawn crappie or walleye at glendo,. reply on the other site as it is open water I am refering to

Offline fish4lunch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "A bad day fishing . . ."
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2008, 02:06 PM »
hump . . . .
What "other site?"

As far as SE Wyo. ice?   Forgetaboutit.  I'm going to hit oepn water and get the boat ready for ice out!

Offline IcedBush13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is the sport of drowning worms
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2008, 04:24 PM »
the other site that he is talking about is http://www.myfishfinder.com. Just to let you know.

Offline fish4lunch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "A bad day fishing . . ."
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Thanks!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:46 PM »
hump . . . .
What "other site?"

As far as SE Wyo. ice?   Forgetaboutit.  I'm going to hit oepn water and get the boat ready for ice out!
I'm over it...well, I might go hit the other side at Pinedale once yet...can't think of any other place I'd go on this side of the hill  :woot: :whistle:

Offline Big Mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Hey Lt. How long before ya think we could get a boat in Boysen, or Ocean?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.