Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Madcap_Magician

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing forums make me feel like this!
Deleted
« on: Feb 22, 2008, 06:26 PM »
****  Deleted  ****
My 2nd rule of gunfighting: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.  Ammo is cheap.  Life is expensive."[/color]

Offline herb

• IceShanty Rookie
Very detailed and informative. Thanks. Couple questions on the Baffin boot.
Would you go the next size up next time since it seemed like a tight fit?
Do they come in wide size for us 'flat foots'?
Are they completely waterproof all the way to the top?
Thanks again

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great Product Review & Pics. It was really appreciated.  You really opened my eyes as to the pluses & minuses of both brands.

I totally agree with you about Rocky Boots.  Once they closed there manufacturing plant in Ohio and started making them in China, their quality took a noticable nosedive.  I too, refuse to puchase any Rocky Boot Products these days.

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline herb

• IceShanty Rookie
I'll see what I can find out on their website. The reason for the waterproof questions is because of having to deal with above ankle deep slush/water onthe ice, and when using the power auger the water from the hole gets all over whatever boots you wear.

Offline herb

• IceShanty Rookie
Madcap, thanks a bunch for taking the time to post all this info.

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Also a big thanks from me also.I gust bought a pair of pak boots from Cabelas,they are 2000 gram thinsulate.so all I where for socks are a pair of thin polypropline and have stayed warm ot on the ice. What remains to be seen is how long they last as made in China is on the boots.I am very hard on boots as I work in them all day and side spliting has been the demise of many a boot.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
ive had my baffins for 2 years and i love them.They feel like putting your foot in a marshmallow.feet always stay perfect temp no matter what the outside temp is.no sweating and never cold. they can get wetif you go in deep water but still warm. they dry extremely fast too.I bought mine a little big,not tight at all.i only wear a pair of merino wool socks with them.Great for snomobiling also.Many different choices of baffins as far as hight and insulation.try em,you wont be sorry!ps, mine are not the antarctic extremes.

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
Great post! Am going to get a pair of those Baffins!
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.