Author Topic: Arrest made for child endangerment  (Read 10873 times)

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
Re: Arrest made for child endangerment
« Reply #60 on: Feb 23, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I may have punched that cop in the throat for being stupid..... if he's taking me in it's gonna be worth my time.

easy tiger!  you don't want to have extra charges against you.  even though that the cop or dnr was in the wrong, you don't want to go slugging it with a cop.  there give you really hard time then.  i do understand how and why you would feel that way, but a cool head will always prevail in a stupid situation and decision that the cop made like this.
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline Poopdeck Pappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 24, 2008, 02:51 PM »
easy tiger!  you don't want to have extra charges against you.  even though that the cop or dnr was in the wrong, you don't want to go slugging it with a cop.  there give you really hard time then.  i do understand how and why you would feel that way, but a cool head will always prevail in a stupid situation and decision that the cop made like this.
Agreed. You gotta let it go.

Offline ebrooks22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:58 PM »
that does sound pree stupid

Offline pickeral boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:10 PM »
I wouldn't bring my kids fishing on a river like that. I don't think the guy should be arrested though. Stuff like that goes on your "permanent record"

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:54 PM »
funny how this poast did a flip we all thought it wa the econ officer that was being a retard come to find out tht guy deserved it

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #65 on: Feb 24, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Without knowing the full situation at the time, its impossible to make a judgement call as to whether the cop did act properly or not.  The scary thing is, that by stepping in on situations like this, the cops will become potentially liable in the future if they don't act.

Welcome to the "nanny state".

Offline fisher2hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:23 PM »
i dont get u can take your kids out ice skating on 6 or 7 in of ice and not get in trouble mayb the cop was from PETA or sumtin
___0-------
              /
             /
            / 
-------   -------
          /
         /
        /
   ><>

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:28 AM »
I agree with pickeralboy but doesn't peta= people eating tastey animals

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I have driven along several different parts of this river and I can tell you there would be no way I would ever go out on the ice there let alone bring one of my kids.  That river seems to flow very fast.  There have been times that I have seen ice jams 10-15 feet tall.  Going after a fish is just not worth it when there are so many other places to fish. 

Now I don't where the guy who got arrested was fishing so the conditions may have been better but I still feel all river ice is scary. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #69 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:56 PM »
That is the second one of these I have read. Having been in Law Enforcement for the last 28 years.  Where did common sense go with the cops of today   ??? ??? ???

They need to step back and take a look.

I would think that after being in Law Enforcement for the last 28 years you would have more common sense than to make a generalized statement like that.  It's obvious that either there is more to the story that we are unaware of or that the individual that made the arrest was wrong and needs to be dealt with by his supervisors. 
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline CaughtYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was ICE fishin'
« Reply #70 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:29 PM »
My Two Cents:

1. You have several independent, presumably objective observers in the area saying that the ice is totally unsafe
2. You have photos backing-up their claim that the ice is totally unsafe
3. You have a presumably objective police officer who makes an arrest because he obviously believed the ice was totally   
    unsafe

DO ANY OF YOU from the "damn cop" side of the argument really believe the officer saw a guy on the ice with his kids, walked up to the guy, slapped cuffs on him and hauled him of to jail? COME ON! There is always more to "the story". I would like to know if there have been any drownings in the river in recent years? Had the guy been warned to stay off the ice because it was too dangerous? There are many questions that have not been asked or answered in this thread. For the "damn cop" crowd to automatically dismiss the officer's actions as "stupid" or "retarted" without knowing ANY of the facts of the matter is "stupid" and "retarted". As for the fella that stated that the officer only has his job to lose, WRONG! If you would like to take a trip to Washington D.C. with me in May, I'll show you what else these guys have to lose while their out there protecting your arse!   

The great thing about winter is it ferrets out the wimps!

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #71 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:24 PM »
My Two Cents:

1. You have several independent, presumably objective observers in the area saying that the ice is totally unsafe
2. You have photos backing-up their claim that the ice is totally unsafe
3. You have a presumably objective police officer who makes an arrest because he obviously believed the ice was totally   
    unsafe

DO ANY OF YOU from the "d**n cop" side of the argument really believe the officer saw a guy on the ice with his kids, walked up to the guy, slapped cuffs on him and hauled him of to jail? COME ON! There is always more to "the story". I would like to know if there have been any drownings in the river in recent years? Had the guy been warned to stay off the ice because it was too dangerous? There are many questions that have not been asked or answered in this thread. For the "d**n cop" crowd to automatically dismiss the officer's actions as "stupid" or "retarted" without knowing ANY of the facts of the matter is "stupid" and "retarted". As for the fella that stated that the officer only has his job to lose, WRONG! If you would like to take a trip to Washington D.C. with me in May, I'll show you what else these guys have to lose while their out there protecting your arse!   

do you go to Wash every year??  I was there last year and will be going back in '09.  '07 was a year I HAD to go to the memorial and hopefully '09 will be as an observer............. 
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #72 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:29 PM »
its a bunch of crap

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #73 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:39 PM »
One side of the story...one sided opinions.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 28, 2008, 01:21 AM »
I can't read all seven pages of this.. 

MOOTER:  You sound like you have all the facts since you "know" the guy.  If you have all the facts, and there's still a discrepancy, then maybe you should go to court with him and testify on his behalf.  Having heard this kind of thing before, it almost sounds like this is an effort to get an anti-police thing going rather than anything else.

There are websites for that; last I knew, this was for ice fishing.

Pork Rind  For somebody that professes to have had 28 years of law enforcement, I am surprised by both your screen name and your willingness to subscribe to this thread.  If you're truly a LE vet, then why would you 1) Be critical of another officer w/o knowing the facts first hand, and 2) be doing so off of a website post?

Maybe they do things different in OH, but I'm kinda surprised....if you were an LEO, then you would understand that.

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 28, 2008, 03:43 AM »
This quote came from another website I know of. Google milescity.com and look for the "Playing On The Ice On The Yellowstone" topic.

"Point of Clarification:
I spoke with the Rosebud County Sheriff..and while there is no dispute that the river is dangerous, he says that no one was arrested for child endangerment on the Yellowstone." Emilie Boyles 2-25-2008

I believe Emily Boyles does/did the local news on one of the local radio stations.

Voila! The truth comes out.

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:12 AM »
This quote came from another website I know of. Google milescity.com and look for the "Playing On The Ice On The Yellowstone" topic.

"Point of Clarification:
I spoke with the Rosebud County Sheriff..and while there is no dispute that the river is dangerous, he says that no one was arrested for child endangerment on the Yellowstone." Emilie Boyles 2-25-2008

I believe Emily Boyles does/did the local news on one of the local radio stations.

Interesting.......the next question should have been, "was anyone arrested on the Yellowstone recently, and if so, for what?" 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.