Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Pleasant Creek Fisheree, Palo, IA - Sun. Feb. 24  (Read 4161 times)

Offline Acceler8IA

• IceShanty Rookie
Pleasant Creek Fisheree, Palo, IA - Sun. Feb. 24
« on: Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Will anyone be fishing in the 'Pleasant Creek Fisheree' this Sunday, Feb.24 in Palo, IA? New to ice fishing and to this site and thought I might try my luck. Picked up the flier at Great Outdoor Traditions. It's only a $1 donation to enter and the grand prize is $500. Never been to Palo, and just curious as to what everyone thought about the tourney. Also curious about ice thickness. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!

Offline brandon1718

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pleasant Creek Fisheree, Palo, IA - Sun. Feb. 24
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2008, 07:17 PM »
where ya from newbie i will be going and have everything for fishing vex,shack,gas auger,heater me and my buddy will be there
TEAM DIRTY ICE HOLES

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Can you list more info on the tournament? I was not aware of it pleasant creek has muskies right? what is prize for biggest fish? or the most? also is it for a certain kind?

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2008, 05:17 AM »
Not trying to ruin the party, but advertising tourneys without prior approval is against site policy. If the person with the info could PM this to Big Ron, it would be appreciated. To everyone who goes; Good Luck and keep on supporting your local charities!

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Acceler8IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Sorry Guys! Been on the site for about a week and I'm already breaking rules!!  :-\
When sending a PM does the other user have to be online? Tried to send an email and I got an error.

Acceler8IA

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Sorry Guys! Been on the site for about a week and I'm already breaking rules!!  :-\
When sending a PM does the other user have to be online? Tried to send an email and I got an error.

Acceler8IA

I believe in order to send a PM you need at least 3 posts.

Ed

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2008, 06:35 PM »

Acceler8IA

No worried my good man. Like ejensen said, you need 3 posts. If you post a reply to this thread, you will have your number. Then, to send a PM, click on the person you want to send a PM to, and there will be a box to type your message in. Tight Lines.

Mike

Offline Acceler8IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2008, 10:23 PM »
where ya from newbie i will be going and have everything for fishing vex,shack,gas auger,heater me and my buddy will be there

Thanks for the offer. I actually have all the gear. Well most of the gear. Just bought the Frabill Recon shelter, Strike Master Lazor Auger and another rod. Had a couple of rods and a box full of jigs for a couple of years now. Finally getting a chance to use them! I will not be able to make it to the tourney now. Family is thinking about coming into town. A friend of mine will be there however. He does not have an auger and would really appreciate getting a few holes put in the ice for him. He's originally from Montana and will be showing up in a blue ranger. Maybe you guys will run into each other.

Offline brandon1718

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2008, 12:00 PM »
not being able to post tourny info is the most retarted thing i have ever herd guess time to go back to iowa outdoors they promote tourneys  ???
TEAM DIRTY ICE HOLES

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:10 PM »
not being able to post tourny info is the most retarted thing i have ever herd guess time to go back to iowa outdoors they promote tourneys  ???

Read the Site rules before you post. NO-One said it couldn't be posted, it was said that there needed to be approval. Your comment is very ignorant and disrespectful. I don't really think the rest of the IA posters will miss your 11 posts. If you want to continue using Ice Shanty; read the rules, refrain from using derogatory words, and be positive.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.