Author Topic: Headin to Da U.P. (Iron Mountain)can you guys help me out?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi Guys,

I am heading for Iron Mountain for a week or so, and was hopin to get on a good lake for panfish. I have been to the mining ponds but won't have a truck to get back that there this time. I am near Lake Antoine, but wondered if anyone knew if any other lakes I could head out on while I'm up there. I would appreciate any help.. Thanks...
Ice Diva
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
Re: Headin to Da U.P. (Iron Mountain)can you guys help me out?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 AM »
you might want to try the Bad Waters or Cowboy LK
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:06 PM »
you might want to try the Bad Waters or Cowboy LK
Thank you!!
I actually was looking online at a topo map of cowboy lake last night. Where are the bad waters at?? is that the backed up dam. I heard a little about some dammed up river, but I thought it might be twin falls flowage??
anyway I appreciate the info.
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline BIRDMAN1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2008, 04:05 AM »
ice diva
 bad waters is behind the twin fall dam. take bass lake road. cowboy by the airport has good crappies fish near the deep hole about 15 to 20 ft down. eyes have been caught there this year. good luck

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2008, 08:20 AM »
ice diva
 bad waters is behind the twin fall dam. take bass lake road. cowboy by the airport has good crappies fish near the deep hole about 15 to 20 ft down. eyes have been caught there this year. good luck
Birdman you rock, thanks for the info.. only going for a week and didn't want to be spending all my time chasin lakes and drillin holes.. We have 10-13 inches of ice down here and I am assuming there is a heckuvalot more up there with the temps you have been having.. I am guessing it will take me a half hour to drill a hole ...lol.. uuuuggghh..  Hopefully my efforts will be rewarded..
Thanks a bunch!!!
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline BIRDMAN1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2008, 09:25 PM »
last sat drilled 3+ feet on cowboy ;D

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:34 PM »
last sat drilled 3+ feet on cowboy ;D
Hey Birdman, what a great weekend up here. I ended up at the mining ponds near Randville.. Rough start forgot the pole for the shanty, and lost a blade off the MANUAL auger. so drilling holes was ssllooowww. but the fishing was great.. 47 gills and 8 nice crappie, and 1 bonus perch.. I ran out of bait and used the eyes out of the gills and that worked even better. There were alot of guys heading out around 3 for eyes.. I guess the bite on them is good.. anyway it worked out well. I might hit cowboy lake later on this week..

thanks again..
ice diva
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline BIRDMAN1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2008, 05:11 AM »
glad you had a good day ;D but  hey save me some :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.