Author Topic: ice conditions  (Read 1260 times)

Offline BURDCT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • about that time
ice conditions
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:33 PM »
was woundering if there is still ice in the north west part of the state? were i live all the ice is gone so any info would be great.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:37 PM »
was woundering if there is still ice in the north west part of the state? were i live all the ice is gone so any info would be great.
I went to Mount Tom today and there was plenty of ice but no fish. Not one flag. You have to be careful because all the rain lifted the ice up and there is open water around the edges. I found a rock to step across to the solid ice by the pick nick tables. There were a few guys on the road side of the lake too. The ice was 5" of solid ice with 5" of snow ice on top.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:40 PM »
anyone know of any solid ice to fish on in the Danbury Area? Northern Fairfield County?

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:04 PM »
see ice conditions #2 topic by seadog that sounds about right before all the rain its anybodys guess at this point i'll be going to one of those places listed sat.

Offline BURDCT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • about that time
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I went to Mount Tom today and there was plenty of ice but no fish. Not one flag. You have to be careful because all the rain lifted the ice up and there is open water around the edges. I found a rock to step across to the solid ice by the pick nick tables. There were a few guys on the road side of the lake too. The ice was 5" of solid ice with 5" of snow ice on top.
thanks alot

Offline SeaDog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Hey ALL!
Went by West Hill today 2/14/08 at 4:00 PM
Level of the pond and ice raised up about a foot because of the rain and run-off.
Rain compacted the snow down and has refreezed.
Any open edges should be solid by tomorrow morning.
The open water in the south central part of the pond has skim ice over it. (NOT SAFE!)
(Will go by the other ponds and lakes I've posted, tomorrow, and let you know up to date conditions.)
Still best to assume that there may be some soft spots.
PICKS, FLOAT, and ROPE!!
Be SAFE!!!
Regards,
SeaDog1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.