The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake trout in Champlain Islands thru the Ice.  (Read 1484 times)

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake trout in Champlain Islands thru the Ice.
« on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:18 PM »
If you were gonna set your tip ups anywhere off the shores of S. Hero, G. Isle, or N.hero for Lakers where would you put em? I have set up and had good luck like was mentioned off the south side of the sandbar,  Right in front of Vantines and North of there.  But it seems that most of the time i am out there it is slow, maybe 1 fish all day.  Until I hit the right spot.  I am coming home this weekend and staying in G. Isle and i wanna catch some nice lake trout....what are your suggestions?

Offline Nick13

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake trout in Champlain Islands thru the Ice.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:32 PM »
The other good spot in the outter bay is over by the causeway but the only problem with that right now is getting all the way over there. Hopefully with this cold snap everything on top firms up and seals up any pressure cracks. I have done well out in front of the bridge in about 20-30 ft of water right under the ice.

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2008, 05:53 PM »
I have done well out in front of the bridge in about 20-30 ft of water right under the ice.

Wich bridge is this Nick???

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:03 PM »
the steel bridge off the burlington bike path or off porters point  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Nick13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:06 PM »
Yeah the one that is on the bike path (causeway)  in front of mills point and porters point. With this snow coming tonight and tomorrow going to be hard to get out there for a while

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Everyone fishes on the bottom....I always fish suspened and right under the ice in about 20-80ft....does this sound good to you guys??

Offline Nick13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Their is no doubt you can catch them on the bottom but the perch can drive you nuts unless your using like suckers but then you get pike too. For lakers I prefer 15-35 feet and I usually mix up my depths from 2 feet under the ice to about ten

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.