Author Topic: Ness Lake fishys!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Ness Lake fishys!
« on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:18 PM »
This morning Gump and I went to Ness at 6:30 am. It was a little chilly at first and started to snow quite heavy then in the afternoon it came sunny and warmed up quite a bit. Was in my tent earlier and caught a couple of small rainbows in about 10 fow. Came out of the tent after snow quit and started trolling around the lake. Drilled 8-10 holes and fished in them for 10 minutes then switched. I only stayed 10 minutes more if I got a bite out of that hole.

Gump got the first nice fish in about 17 or 18 fow.

Then I got the next rainbow.

The 2 lbs brook trout that I caught hit my lure first then went to gump's hole hit his lure then broke off from gump and I reeled him in. I then gave gump's lure back to him. Before I caught this fish I was trying other holes close by and fish were stealing shrimp from my hook. I was getting peaved off at this but when I cleaned this fish it also had 6 shrimp in it's stomach. It was quite a pro taking shrimp off a hook.

Latter in the afternoon it slowed down and I caught a couple of small rainbows. Firstcast and Steve caught a rainbow and brookie each.
All in all it was a good fishing day.
 :tipup: :icefish:

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
Re: Ness Lake fishys!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Nice fish guys looks like you had a good day.keep them coming.TIGHT LINES. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish:SEE YOU OUT THERE.
TEAM BC

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Hey Bill and Gump You did not happen to find my MOJO ? Ah ha ! It was u! I am dialin 911 right now. LOL Nice fish Bill and Gump. Maybe we will drown a worm again soon. Tight lines, Everyday above ground is a good day.

Offline spike024

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Good looking fish guys, good eats :) Never tried ness out you have the first good story i have ever heard about that lake 8) How is the brookie fishing in there at peak times? They sure look tasty ;) Keep up the good fishing boys and gals
2 inches solid ice? with only 4 inches slush on top....mmmm it will be fine..holmes you go out first...

Offline Hamilcarbarca

• IceShanty Rookie
  • To break my fast on honeydew
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:14 AM »
Nice pics, great story. 
If not me, WHO?  If not now, WHEN?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....