The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Not fishing Bare Hill? Camp Joslin Tourney is for you!  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
Re-posted by MUGZ:

Hi guys!  The Bare Gathering is looking to be one hell of a time. :thumbsup: If you are not attending and want to do some great ice fishing, while supporting one of the best causes in Central Mass :angel... then the Camp Joslin Tourny is for you. Thank you to all of you that have made monetary or merchandise donations. I really appreciate it.  :bow: Here are the tourney/sign-up details:

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Not fishing Bare Hill? Camp Joslin Tourney is for you!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Amen Jeff

While I am hosting the Bare Hill Gathering I encourage all of you that are not able to make it up to Harvard to consider the Joslin....its a great cause....

Next year you can make both as Jeff and I have vowed to coordinate dates.... ;)

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Hey Jeff,

What time can we show up to register? I'd like to get there early and lay out my traps if possible.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Mark, Usually we are ready for people to sign in by 6am - 6:15. Hope to see you there. - Porter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:04 PM »
I'll be there! See you Saturday.

Offline chilly willy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Afternoon Porter, looking forward to the Camp Joslin Tourney this weekend! We have about 12 guys headed up again this year. This is the only tournament we fish,and everyone is ready. Like last year we will be coming up with some decent money for the camp. The Fogland Polar Seals from Tiverton,RI have already sent the camp over $300 that was raised on New Years Day.We will also be bringing up over $700 with us. This money was raised during theT-Bone (Traditional Bow Hunters) shoots over the last year, and a donation from the Tiverton Rod and Gun Club. I'm hoping you guys get a great turnout, because this is a great cause, and a well run (fun) event. Could you get me the name of the bait shop that is just up the road? I will be stopping for bait on the way in. Thanks, and if anyone doesn't know where to fish this Saturday this is the place to be.   :clap:
FLAG!!

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Chilly,

I am so glad you guys are coming again this year :thumbsup:. You guys are making me proud ;D Being from Fall River myself, I spent my entire childhood at Stone Bridge/Island Park during the summers. The bait shop down the street is:  D & G Bait & Tackle, 449 Main Leicester, MA 01524 (508) 892-9037. Please call them for their hours. I'm pretty sure they are open early. Dan told me about the $300 donation to Camp Joslin - I was psyched. See you crazy nuts Sat! :P

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2008, 01:26 PM »
i'm coming in on 56 jeff. is the bait shop east or west on 9.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Moose,

From Rte 56 (either North or South) you would take Rte 9 East to get to D & G Tackle: 449 Main Street Leicester, MA. (508)892-9037. Glad you are coming buddy!  :P  See you Saturday early :icefish:  - Porter

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:12 AM »
dam. their talking cold and windy for sat.

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:23 AM »
dam. their talking cold and windy for sat.
  sounds like Ice fishing weather if you ask me.....
, , ,

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Guys,

The weather is ALWAYS the same at the Camp Joslin tourney. Sunny, cold and breezy - same EVERY year ;D. The prizes have been rolling in nicely and so have the donations. :clap: It will be a blast for all who attend. Tight lines guys and see you Sat early.  :icefish: You won't be dissappointed! - Porter     

FYI - Shrewbury got 6 inches of fluffy snow that is now matted down to 4 inches with 1/4 inch of ice on top. Was only 27 degrees when I left the house at 7am. More ice to come for a few hours, before turning to rain.

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Guys,

The weather is ALWAYS the same at the Camp Joslin tourney. Sunny, cold and breezy - same EVERY year ;D. The prizes have been rolling in nicely and so have the donations. :clap: It will be a blast for all who attend. Tight lines guys and see you Sat early.  :icefish: You won't be dissappointed! - Porter     

FYI - Shrewbury got 6 inches of fluffy snow that is now matted down to 4 inches with 1/4 inch of ice on top. Was only 27 degrees when I left the house at 7am. More ice to come for a few hours, before turning to rain.

Any suggestions for parking?
, , ,

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Park right in the Castle restaurant lot - try to stay on the right side of the restaurant where the registration table is and small shed. Glad you can make it Newbraintree.  ;D  - Porter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Jeff,

Looks like the back pain turned out to be a torn muscle. I'm 50/50 that I'll be there. I'm home from work for the next few days taking all sorts of meds. Currently on 24 hours bed rest today.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that Mark - get better soon buddy :flex:! We'll miss you Sat. - Porter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Good luck everyone! Wish I could be there tomorrow to win all the prizes. Better I give some of you other guys a chance though......

:laugh: :laugh: ;D

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Can't wait for the results.........
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2008, 04:43 PM »
Hey Jeff

we raised $72.00 over at Bare Hill for Camp Joslin....hope you guys had a great day....

lets PM this week so I can arrange sending check....Karl

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Thanks Karl - great day at Sargents - 2 five pound bass were landed within 3 minutes of each other and about 80 feet from each other :thumbsup:  I'm dead tired, but will post a full report tomorrow. Thank you to all IS members who attended Camp Joslin Tourney and a special thank you to the fisherman at Bare Hill who found it in their hearts to think of us today. The Joslin Tourney raised over $5000 today... simply amazing :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.