The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fish Recipes  (Read 1984 times)

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Your Favorite Fish Recipes
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Anyone Have any great recipes for cooking up fish?  I'm sure you do and I'd love to gather them all together here. I have a great one for coconut battered perch/walleye that I'll post a in a little while; however I've never found a great way to cook up trout. All Recipes for all fish are welcome!!!

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
Re: Your Favorite Fish Recipes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Here is the best recipe I have for trout.  First you filet the fish. Next place both filets in ziploc bag with lemon juice, water, and seasoning.  Let sit overnight, then in the morning remove filets from bag, and throw filets in garbage.  cook ziploc bag and enjoy.  LOL  sorry I can't stand trout. 

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:37 AM »
and throw filets in garbage.  cook ziploc bag and enjoy.  LOL  sorry I can't stand trout. 
Thats about the best use I've found for trout too. Garden fertilizer works ok as well. Just got a smoker so I guess I'll try that on the speckled carp (trout).

Anyone have any decent Brine recipes?

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Marinade

3 cups apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1cup soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1tsp onion salt
1tsp lemon pepper
1tsp blk pepper
3 tablespoons salt

Marinade 48 hours , smoke with Alder wood

Offline gonephishin19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I CAN CATCH FISH IN A MUD PUDDLE
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Thats about the best use I've found for trout too. Garden fertilizer works ok as well. Just got a smoker so I guess I'll try that on the speckled carp (trout).

Anyone have any decent Brine recipes?

Agreed, I hate trout...My buddy loves them but im more happy with a mess of panfish or eyes. :o ;D

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:03 PM »
As promised,  Here is the best fish recipe I've ever found.....
Coconut Battered Perch
Ends up tasting something like Coconut battered shrimp, the dipping sauce is to die for.

Batter:
1/2 c. Flour
Crushed Rice Chex OR Crushed Rice Crispies
Shredded Coconut

Dipping Sauce:
1/4 C. Katsup
1/2 C. Karo Syrup
2 Tbl. Lemon or Lime Juice
a dash of powdered Ginger
1/2 C. Jalapeno Jelly --this is hard to find, but its the key ingredient. find it w/ the Peanut butter and Jelly stuff.

Directions.......

W/ perch fillets.... if you want to save them for a later fish feed, fillet the fish, cleaning all the fat (dark brown stuff) off the fillet. Put them all in a ziplock bag, fill the bag w/ water and throw in the freezer, the water helps prevent freezer burn...
Preparation.......
Soak the cleaned and rinsed fillets in evaporated milk prior to bredding.  Mix all dry ingredients. batter fillets, and fry in oil at approx. 375 degrees. Use a high temp peanut oil if you can, vegetable oil works but doesn't last long before it starts blackening all the fillets.

For the sauce....
Mix all ingredients and heat on the stove. serve it hot.

I've got nothing but rave comments from this meal, I learned of it from a friend, and its far too good to keep a secret. Enjoy!  Also works great for Walleye.

Offline Hardcore_Fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Here is the best recipe I have for trout.  First you filet the fish. Next place both filets in ziploc bag with lemon juice, water, and seasoning.  Let sit overnight, then in the morning remove filets from bag, and throw filets in garbage.  cook ziploc bag and enjoy.  LOL  sorry I can't stand trout. 

You guys are crazy.  I love to eat trout.  The best way is to either bake them or else grill them with the skin on and lemon slices and dill in the body.  It tastes great.  I don't like to eat wallies even though everyone else does because I think they are too mild.  They are flavorless.  I like a fish with a little bit of flavor like trout!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Sprinkle with lemon pepper and steam with a White Ice wine .... Not water .
Serve with asparagus and Holindaise sauce .

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:25 PM »
My wife and children hate fish, or anything that has come out of the water.  They will eat the trout that I catch and cook up.  You just gut them cut off the head, clean it really good.  Fry it in really hot butter and use lemon pepper.  Take out and enjoy.  It is yummy.  My mouth is salivating right now. :icefish:

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Sprinkle with lemon pepper and steam with a White Ice wine .... Not water .
Serve with asparagus and Holindaise sauce .
I've never made a Holindaise...  have any tips/ingredients?

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:57 PM »
I've never made a Holindaise...  have any tips/ingredients?
Instant at most grocery stores where the gravy and chili mixes usually are kept ! lol
Just add butter , milk heat it up and you're on you're way !
I'm not real big on many instant things but with this it's just easier and a heck of a lot cheaper .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.