The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ice report Austin or Long Lake in Portage?  (Read 521 times)

Offline nowork

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice report Austin or Long Lake in Portage?
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Anyone know how Austin or Long Lake held up after the rain/sleet/ice/snow storm we had yesterday and last night?  I would like to get out tonight or tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has ventured out there and could give me a report?

Offline bcar1023

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice report Austin or Long Lake in Portage?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I haven't been out since last weekend but I had 6 inches of ice on Austin last Saturday.  I'm going out on Gull tonight and heard that Gull has 6 inches of ice and is a lot deeper than Austin.  I plan on hitting Long Lake in search of Pike and Gills tomorrow though.  I'm actually going to drive past the north end of Long Lake in about 20 minutes and will come back and let you know if anyone was out.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him again!!

Offline bcar1023

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice report Austin or Long Lake in Portage?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Anyone know how Austin or Long Lake held up after the rain/sleet/ice/snow storm we had yesterday and last night?  I would like to get out tonight or tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has ventured out there and could give me a report?

Okay, I just got back.  I talked to a couple of guys who were coming off the north end there on Long Lake with a couple of Pike and both said that there is close to 10 inches of ice covered in 3 inches of water/slush.  I'd say that either Austin or Long Lake will be good to go for tomorrow and at least the next 10 days judging by the forcast.  I'll be out there tomorrow!!
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him again!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.