The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Walltrout and Jigmasters Slamtastic Trip to Canyon Ferry- Lots of pics  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Here are the pictures from our latest trip to Canyon Ferry over Superbowl Weekend.

Here is my 4 year old daughter pulling in her tipups.  She got 2 of her own on Christmas.

Here is the result!!!!  She caught 2 ling that day.

After a hard morning on the ice, it was nap time in the nice warm shack.   :laugh:

Now its party time!!!  ;D  This is Jiggy gathering some wood for our little fire.

The rest of the night was spent BSing and drinking a little PBR and Hot d**n.  We had some great eats in the form of fresh ling, deer steaks and Jiggy's famous jalapeneo cheddar wurst.  Overall it was a great trip even if the fishing was a little slow.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Opps...forgot one of the best ones.  Jiggy is off to rob a bank!!!   ;D

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great! He seemed like a nice guy.

Offline ManStorePatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
looks like a fun trip guys. one of these weekends, i'll have to catch up with you guys on the ice. I am thinking about hitting duck creek this weekend, i hear thats the hot spot right now. you all heading back to the silos?

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
looks like a fun trip guys. one of these weekends, i'll have to catch up with you guys on the ice. I am thinking about hitting duck creek this weekend, i hear thats the hot spot right now. you all heading back to the silos?

I think your info may be bad.  That's where we were and it was pretty slow.  We had 30 tipups out Sat night and only got 2 fish.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great pics Walltrout and great job on getting your daughter out there. We tried to do some ling fishing but no such luck so I guess we will have to try again this weekend. If you don't mind me asking what are you using for bait??

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cut sucker meat or the left overs after fileting perch on a plain hook.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lmao looks like a good ol time. Thats a huge fire!
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
great pics, beautiful little fisherwoman youve got there  :) wish i would have known where you were at i would have came over and said hi.

Offline Simmy04548

• Team IceShanty Regular
Startin them young, thats what its all about! Good job/ great fish.
In the land of the blind. The one  eyed man is KING 

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Walltrout may be we will see you out there this weekend.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome pics, nice looking daughter, where does she gets the LOOKS? Nice FIRE also, Jiggy you the man!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Awesome pics, nice looking daughter, where does she gets the LOOKS? Nice FIRE also, Jiggy you the man!

From her Mom and the mailman.   ;D  I always wonder that myself.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
well done Jiggy and Walltrout and Mrs. Jiggy...wish I could have been there...looks like another great time.

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
"Awesome pics, nice looking daughter, where does she gets the LOOKS?"

Runs in the family.  Started with grandpa.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline MasterPikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
im kinda unfamiliar with ling fishing. what depth? will they take live minnows? any help would be great

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
im kinda unfamiliar with ling fishing. what depth? will they take live minnows? any help would be great
Live Minnows are illegal in MOST Montana lakes.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
For Ling info, check out.....
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=72776.0

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
"Awesome pics, nice looking daughter, where does she gets the LOOKS?"

Runs in the family.  Started with grandpa.

Not so sure about that?   :laugh:

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
Forget about me.  Look at that little Pike.  I lasooed it by the tail.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.