The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: ICE FISHING ON ALL LAKES  (Read 1684 times)

Offline timetwofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
ICE FISHING ON ALL LAKES
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 09:53 PM »
HOW CAN SOME PEOPLE FISH ALL DAY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME DOING IT
AND NOW IT IS TIME TO LEAVE AND THAY DON'T TAKE THERE GARBAGE WITH
THAM THAT IS BULL S**T HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO PICK UP ???????

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
Re: ICE FISHING ON ALL LAKES
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I agree.....I have a plastic shopping bag with me.  Ill pick up your crap...but you'll hear it from me if i see you do it. 

Slobs.

M.I.R.C. 

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:03 PM »
i totally agree with you, what really cracks me up is when people leave and you go check out where they where fishing and there is a bunch of garbage down the hole, just throw it in the bottom of your bucket or sled and the majority or public access sites have grabage cans!!!!!!

Offline walleyesteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye & Perch the other white meat.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2008, 03:29 AM »
The real bummer is if you ask permission it's almost always the same, "We used to let people fish but guys left there garbage! now we don't" :'(. I always leave with more than I came with, even if it's not mine!
God created bass for those who can not catch walleye.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2008, 06:24 AM »
Yeah,just check out Smeltville after the shacks are pulled and take a look around the shore line after ice out.....

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:08 AM »
HOW CAN SOME PEOPLE FISH ALL DAY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME DOING IT
AND NOW IT IS TIME TO LEAVE AND THAY DON'T TAKE THERE GARBAGE WITH
THAM THAT IS BULL S**T HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO PICK UP ???????
I agree.....i take my sons ice fishing and we ALWAYS take more off the ice than we bring, gotta teach 'em right ya know?
going to higgins in two weekends, and i cant wait
icemama :icefish:

Offline zwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:25 AM »
People who leave trash should have their fishing and hunting rights taken away.  Maybe their driving rights if they throw trash out the window of their vehicle.  I hate seeing it on the ice and I hate seeing it in my deer blind.  Not to mention half the time its beer cans.  That makes you feel safe in the woods (guns and beer). >:(

Offline panfisher07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:44 AM »
 Had a chance to fish a nice private lake. While walking out , i noticed that just about all the old spots people had been had cigarette  butts around the holes. I hate how people think that smoke butts aren't trash, along with bottle caps . I always bring more garb back with me than I go out with.  Litterers always ruin it for the good people.My dad always taught me to lead by example, and this is how I'm teaching my son. Just sucks that I have to teach a 4 yr old to pick up grown folk trash, because they are lazy slobs.

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:58 AM »
 I hate seeing it on the ice and I hate seeing it in my deer blind.  Not to mention half the time its beer cans.  That makes you feel safe in the woods (guns and beer). >:(

me and my dad where up north hunting a new spot on state land at night and and we went to this little ma and pa bar for dinner. me and my dad where sitting there eating and this guy sittin on the other side of the place gets up and came over and said "hey i saw you this morning" my dad said "o yeah" thinking he saw him on the way in to or out of the woods and the guy said " yeah i was looking thru my scope and saw you" :o, my dad just looked at him and when we were leaving he said lets get the F%$K out of here.

shaun

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:37 AM »
This bugs the heck outta me. People can be such pigs. I want to know how is it that I can throw a party on the ice with about a dozen people, drink beer, cook food, and get a fire going, and the next morning when I get back out there, Hey, I don't see  nothing on the ice except for some burnt firewood. Maybe it was me defining where all the trash goes, (in the trash bucket) and where all the cans go (in the can bucket) and although the items got mixed up in the buckets (can't ask too much, people were drinking) None of the trash or cans were left on the ice.It isn't too much to ask and doesn't take a whole lot of effort to cooperate. And yet, two guys can go out fishing in a morning and leave the place looking like they threw a party the night before???? I'll pick up anything on the ice if you leave it behind, but I think some people know that and think to themselves "Aww, someone else will pick it up if they really care"  If I catch anyone in the act or after the act of leaving their trash, they're going to hear about it. Clean your act up and clean your crap up. Are you five years old or what?? You like to fish in a landfill? Cause I sure don't. That's why I'm here, at a LAKE.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :nono: :nono:
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline icerookie78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:08 PM »
everyone needs to make sure we not only pick up our own trash, but if you see other laying around pick it up too. would like my grandchildren (if i have them) to be able to enjoy the outdoors too. an example needs to be made of those who litter in our resources, by the DNR and fellow fisherman. We need to say something to those that we see littering, and let them know the rest of us wont stand for it.

Offline ketchemall

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:17 PM »
i am always picking up other peoples garbage off the lakes and thats the main reason they dont alow smelt dipping in inland steams people would come and trash peoples yards wrecked it for everyone
REMOVED

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.