Author Topic: ice at Mount Tom  (Read 2644 times)

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice at Mount Tom
« on: Feb 01, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Anyone see the ice at Mt Tom today? do you think there is any ice left for tomorrow?  Looking to catch Walter! I hope the ice is good

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice at Mount Tom
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Went to Mount Tom today, was very slow. Plenty of ice but only saw 2 bass and a pickerel caught.  trout did not like the tip ups as they dropped the bait as soon as the flag flew. Hopefully we will have better luck next week in NH at Derby.

Offline pdbruzassr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Went to Mount Tom today, was very slow. Plenty of ice but only saw 2 bass and a pickerel caught.  trout did not like the tip ups as they dropped the bait as soon as the flag flew. Hopefully we will have better luck next week in NH at Derby.
I think I was fishing next to you off the beach by the beach house with my nephew. When you left you gave up the ice holes and my nephew started dead sticking and moving the tip ups. I noticed his rod and rod holder moving. I told him he had a hit so he grabbed the rod and missed he fish. I was jigging in the hole next to him and kaboom; I get hit by a freight train on my Storm Wild Eye shad soft plastic jigging lure. I iced a 22" 5lb. beefy brown trout with great difficulty. The trout twisted and turned and wrapped the line around itself and the lure.  My nephew grabbed it with his hands as it came through the ice column. This was the only trout I caught this year at Mt. Tom. It was released.
It was a healthy beefy brown and took off like a rocket. Thanks for the tip.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I think I was fishing next to you off the beach by the beach house with my nephew. When you left you gave up the ice holes and my nephew started dead sticking and moving the tip ups. I noticed his rod and rod holder moving. I told him he had a hit so he grabbed the rod and missed he fish. I was jigging in the hole next to him and kaboom; I get hit by a freight train on my Storm Wild Eye shad soft plastic jigging lure. I iced a 22" 5lb. beefy brown trout with great difficulty. The trout twisted and turned and wrapped the line around itself and the lure.  My nephew grabbed it with his hands as it came through the ice column. This was the only trout I caught this year at Mt. Tom. It was released.
It was a healthy beefy brown and took off like a rocket. Thanks for the tip.
Thats great glad to hear someone hooked into one!
I think we are heading there tomorrow with a few guys.
Best of luck to you

Offline pdbruzassr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Unfortunately Mt. Tom is not a Trophy Trout Lake and the season closes at the end of the month. Three weeks and counting to get that big 28 1/2" 12lb. brown trout which was caught and released that was entered in the CT Outfitters Tournament.
I think they stocked it with the dink trout later. I would rather catch one trophy all season than a bucket of dinks.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:34 AM »
anyone else hear about a tournament on Mt Tom this Sunday the 24th by the Ousatonic F&G, there should be plenty of ice. but not sure if it is still on.

Offline Squirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Unfortunately Mt. Tom is not a Trophy Trout Lake and the season closes at the end of the month. Three weeks and counting to get that big caught and released 28 1/2" 12lb brown trout that was entered in the CT Outfitters Tournament.
I think they stocked it with the dink trout. I would rather catch one trophy all season than a bucket of dinks.

Check out my youtube for the video of the 28inch 14 pounder that came out of Mt Tom.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-7nX0VZUkU

And we fished the derby they had there today A 1.1 pound rainbow won it lol.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Check out my youtube for the video of the 28inch 14 pounder that came out of Mt Tom.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-7nX0VZUkU

And we fished the derby they had there today A 1.1 pound rainbow won it lol.

Hey squirt it was good fishing with you and the rest of your gang. I checked out the video of the monster brown, it looked just like the one I lost after having it half way out of the hole back in January. Big hook jaw. LOL     I will let you know if we get a chance to fish some of the ponds closer to us. Best of luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.