Author Topic: Show Down Question  (Read 882 times)

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
Show Down Question
« on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I know the debate between a Showdown and a Marcum VX-1 has probably been beat to death but this is a big purchase.  I have seen some bad reports where so and so has a friend that has one and has trouble with it but I would like some first hand info.

For anyone that has a Show Down....would you buy it again or would you go with a flasher?

Thanks for the help folks! 

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Re: Show Down Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:45 PM »
GO Marcom...........Won't regret it.You will have both zoom and color as well!

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:47 PM »
I would say flasher.  I used a showdown for the past couple years, without the new features and just bought a vex the other day.  If you know how to read a flasher, you have a much better idea whats going on down below over the gray scale of the showdown.  Now if the flasher is too expensive, get the showdown, you will catch more fish, guaranteed.

Good luck.

E

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:21 PM »
I would say flasher.  I used a showdown for the past couple years, without the new features and just bought a vex the other day.  If you know how to read a flasher, you have a much better idea whats going on down below over the gray scale of the showdown.  Now if the flasher is too expensive, get the showdown, you will catch more fish, guaranteed.

Good luck.

E

Just starting out I would go with the Marcum VX-1 which is pretty much the same price as the Show Down...I could always update to a better model next year and pass this one on to my son.  My main concern is that I don't know how to read a flasher and that was one reason I was looking at the Show Down, I saw a DVD on them and they seemed pretty easy to read.

Thanks for the reply,     Mario

Offline c2223

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Showdown, bottom line is bottom, top line is your lure, fish are in between, went today with friends, they had flashers and all they did is gripe, must be the battery is going, wish I really knew how to adjust this and that, should send it in, bla bla bla, I just chuckled inside, then let them come over to my hole and catch a few fish with my Showdown!

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Showdown, bottom line is bottom, top line is your lure, fish are in between, went today with friends, they had flashers and all they did is gripe, must be the battery is going, wish I really knew how to adjust this and that, should send it in, bla bla bla, I just chuckled inside, then let them come over to my hole and catch a few fish with my Showdown!

dont need a university degree to work a marcum  ::)
I love my marcum, I'm still wondering why people would buy a showdown when it is still a product in the testing  :-X

Offline taggedfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:33 PM »
i have a vex been using it for three years, love it, the battery will still last all day

Offline c2223

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Showndown vs Flashers, kind of like our great grandfathers loving old Nellie that took them to church every Sunday, all of a sudden Nellie is being pased by cars and grampa says I will never have one of those things, no cars for me.
Now today if you have a antenna for your house, you will need a converter for your tv by Feb 2009
                                    WHY
                                BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING DIGITAL!

Showdown Digital Fish Finder

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:28 AM »
Showndown vs Flashers, kind of like our great grandfathers loving old Nellie that took them to church every Sunday, all of a sudden Nellie is being pased by cars and grampa says I will never have one of those things, no cars for me.
Now today if you have a antenna for your house, you will need a converter for your tv by Feb 2009
                                    WHY
                                BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING DIGITAL!

Showdown Digital Fish Finder
even after having some problems with mine and gettin them worked out I would still go with my showdown.  battery life on the showdown is just as good as a vex or marcum.
good things come to those who wait......Im still waiting!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.