Author Topic: Winni??  (Read 1769 times)

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
Winni??
« on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:55 AM »
HAs anyone been out to the Broads this year? I was wondering how much ice is out there? Thanks in advance for the info.

Mark

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Winni??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:37 AM »
The broads froze over at the same time the area Im in did and I have 8 inches under my house.

Offline Luke Icewalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:24 AM »
I fished off Harilla Landing (Long Island) between Cow island and Long Island Friday Night.  I walked towards the broads on the inside of long island and encountered a large area with standing water/slush on top of about 3" of black ice before I reached Sandy Island and the broads.  It was dark and I was alone, so I was a little more careful than I would have been at other times, but I was very suprised about the lack of ice in areas where there was snow.  Where the snow had melted there was 4" of snow ice and 4" of black ice, but in areas with standing snow there was only 3" of black ice.

I didn't even reach Sandy Island, so I cant speak about the Broads, but the ice was not as good as I had expected it to be given last weeks cold weather.

Good Luck

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Doesn't look like this weeks temps are going to help out either.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:43 AM »
i know a couple people who ventured out from wolfe-bay into the broads-but they haven't been frozen for long though.
kjb

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I THINK IT IS GOING TO GET REALLY COLD ALL NEXT WEEK WITH NO SNOW AND FOR THE DERBY WEEKEND ARCTIC AIR..  JUST MY THOUGHTS..

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:48 PM »
I THINK IT IS GOING TO GET REALLY COLD ALL NEXT WEEK WITH NO SNOW AND FOR THE DERBY WEEKEND ARCTIC AIR..  JUST MY THOUGHTS..
i'm with ya'
kjb

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:55 PM »

We can only hope, we need more cold to really lock things up. It isn't bad but it could be better.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:58 PM »
We can only hope, we need more cold to really lock things up. It isn't bad but it could be better.

Spike

That is very true. I still have not decided whether or not I am going to fish it this year. I am trying to get a hold of the Win-E Der-B crew that I normally go with. I hope to make the decision tonight.

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:59 PM »
I'm also up in the air on fishing the derby this year. Been invited to stay in Alton with a group but don't care to fish there. Too many salmon and chances of catching a tag are slim in my opinion.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:22 AM »
 ???      back in the old days it got below zero during the winter....  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.