Author Topic: A great start to the weekend on the Bay of Quinte.  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
A great start to the weekend on the Bay of Quinte.
« on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Here are some pics from last Thursday. The problem lately is that the bite window is often short and you hate to stop to take pictures when there is another fish sitting on your Vexilar just waiting for you to spoon feed her a nice juicy minnow! I finally brought the camera out again (this time without frozen batteries) and we snapped a few shots. Enjoy, we sure were! It is great to see some large fish moving in now. My "would have been" biggest fish to date for the year broke off as I was pulling her up the hole yesterday. Oh well, that's fishing. If anyone see's a huge fish with some lip hardware, I'd love to get that spoon back!

A tasty little guy...

Jeff

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: A great start to the weekend on the Bay of Quinte.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:27 PM »
great pics Jeff, nice to see someone on the ice on Quinte makes me feel good about this weekend

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Great photo's Jeff, I sure am looking forward to having a chance at some of those pigs.
       Jim

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Great fish Jeff, I think we may head that way around the middle of next month, Hows the ice thickness? I usally like to fish the reach off roblins hill rd. if the ice is good but if not I will shoot over off big Island. I have'nt made the trip to the BOQ in a few years since losing my fishing partner to a tragic accident. The last time we made the trip we had a great run at the eyes. I've taken a 13#6oz as my largest. going to bring a newbe to the bay this time, good eye catcher in the fingerlakes so I'll see how he does on the bay. Any info anytime would be helpful

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Nice photo's Jeff. Looks like a lot of snow on the ice. How much snow is on top?  And is it safe most places for a snowmobile to go yet?
Ken                                          

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:56 PM »
The amount of snow on the ice varies depending on location.  The ice levels vary from 2.5" to 12" as well.  Point Anne West is still between 2.5" and 4".  The East end has more ice (12" in some areas.)  I will be keeping an eye on it and can keep you posted toward the weekend for the G2G.  Good luck all...

Jeff

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Here is another evening picture that I almost forgot about.

Jeff

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:39 PM »
OK, now I need to go out and spend another $50 at Skeveys on Pimples  :P
Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.