Author Topic: Permission to vent please.............  (Read 2632 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Permission to vent please.............
« on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:03 PM »
So while on the ice this weekend handling the cusk, I got some "black slimy" stuff on my hands. I didn't think anything of it because I had been working on the sled and thought it might be grease.  So the cusk I caught this morning, I just threw in a bucket as I planned on cleaning them this afternoon.  I grab the bucket and look in.  My eyes popped out when I saw the inside of my white bucket now painted "black with slimy stuff."  That S@#T is really S@#T and it is everywhere and all over everything!  Now my bucket is full of water and soaking in the shower!

......I do feel better now!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Permission to vent please.............
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:04 PM »
well what was it?
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Have fun getting it off, I got some of that slimey s#&^ on my car and it came off 2 months later. >:(

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:07 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:15 PM »
It is simply just plain ol' S@#T!

One word of advise........don't clean cusk in the kitchen sink with the dishes you just cleaned so you could clean the cusk, sitting right beside you!

what the.........  LOL!

I actually find this fiasco pretty comical! This coud only happen to me!

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ...  i gotta....    :laugh: :laugh:  ... however i will admit it wasnt as funny when i learned the lesson'
 some fish you really have to clean fresh and outdoors..
is it leagal to clean fish on the ice,and flush the chum down the hole ?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:35 PM »
I don't know in NH.  I should have cleaned them at camp but was totally lazy.  Last weekend I drove a nail into the porch wall and it made cleaning them so much easier.

This thing is really funny. If I was a fly on the wall trying to describe what is going on in my kitchen I would do so like this:

I look like a white boy on the dance floor with 2 left feet trying to impress the best looking girl in the place.

It is a good thing I am single tonight. If I wasn't single and I pulled this stunt in a kitchen shared with a woman, I think I would be headed back to camp setting some more cusk lines just to get myself into even more trouble!

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I don't know in NH.  I should have cleaned them at camp but was totally lazy.  Last weekend I drove a nail into the porch wall and it made cleaning them so much easier.

This thing is really funny. If I was a fly on the wall trying to describe what is going on in my kitchen I would do so like this:

I look like a white boy on the dance floor with 2 left feet trying to impress the best looking girl in the place.

It is a good thing I am single tonight. If I wasn't single and I pulled this stunt in a kitchen shared with a woman, I think I would be headed back to camp setting some more cusk lines just to get myself into even more trouble!

Not sure how freshwater cusk clean up but the ocean dwelling fish are the worst to clean. they have small scales that load up the fillet knife blade causing the blade to not cut. hint clean from the inside out. Once you pierce the skin angle the blade back so you are pulling the blade out not along the skin. Makes a tough job easier. believe me I've cleaned my share of fish ;).

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:43 PM »
so who p@@p*d in your bucket ??? my grandfather always said you can let people p@@p on u, just don't let 'em rub it in..lol
kjb

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:35 PM »
so who p@@p*d in your bucket ??? my grandfather always said you can let people p@@p on u, just don't let 'em rub it in..lol

In cleaning my gear and putting it away, I found another bucket I had with me this weekend with the same "grease" in it that the other one had. Guess I gotted "greased" twice as much as I origonally thought!  ::)

Offline skunked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:17 PM »
In the summer I love to sit out at night and fish for horn pout and eels...Eels are a blast to catch. but holey S*it are those things slimy..I don't know how they do it, but they leave at least 2 feet of snot  above the hook. I've never caught a cusk before but...the nickname "eelpout" would explain alot. I think cusk traps are in the tax return plans for me  ;D
My water tastes like [email protected] kill the taste by adding malted barley, hops, and yeast..then its perfect!

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:07 PM »
it wouldnt cost more than 20 bux to make 6 cusk sets.. there not traps.

Offline skunked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Sorry about that rob.. think cusk "sets" are in the tax return plans for me
My water tastes like [email protected] kill the taste by adding malted barley, hops, and yeast..then its perfect!

Offline Caleb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I knew a guy once that used to fish for eels.  He said he always brought a bucket of sand and a glove.  Right after he caught one it went into the bucket and the he gripped it and stroked all the way down it with the glove taking all the sand off and the slime with it...  Oh and as for the trap vs set, I dunno, I always have called them, seen them called and seen them for sale as cusk traps too, I guess you Learn something every day ;D

Caleb

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:22 PM »
yeah, as good as my cusk tasted, cant say I was (my mom either) too fond of the frikin slime and goopy crap that clogged up my sunk sifter every thirty seconds. 

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:26 AM »
Sorry about that rob.. think cusk "sets" are in the tax return plans for me

I use the orange plastic extension cord holders. They are like 96 cents at walmart or 3 for like 2.96.  They work great!  I had to cut a piece out of the handles do I could adjust the depth over the middle of the hole. I then took 6 dowles 30" long and spray painted them orange. I also put red and white reflective tape on the dowles.

Offline Patsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:01 AM »
My Bow crap all over me as well.  Not fun.  Didn't really expect it...and it just wouldn't stop....makes you feel any better.... :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.