Author Topic: Anglin Lake  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
Anglin Lake
« on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:27 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm heading out to Anglin Lake with my family next weekend.  I have never fished in that area or on that lake.  Does anyone know if the fishing is good - or have any tips on bait/location on that lake?  If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

LROY

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anglin Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:12 AM »
was there a couple times this year and nothing except an odd little snake..though im pretty sure they had winter kill this last year

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:49 AM »
fishing has been quite good this year. i can put you on a couple of spots.  send me  message closer to the end of the week and ill hook you up.

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Thanks Canada - sounds good.  How thick is the ice up there - will my hand auger do the trick?

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:47 AM »
hand auger should be okay.  you mat get a work out in some areas though.  try in front of the jac bay trading store.  you will see a couple of shacks there also. between the channel is hit or miss.  mostly miss.  you can walk out to the first place i mentioned easily.  let me know how you do. good luck

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Ya - I think we're staying at Land of the Loon Resort - is there anywhere to fish in close proximity?

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:48 PM »
if you  drive back down the road into the little area where all the cabins are you will see jacobsen bay store.  just walk right out from there.  buddy of mine went 3 days ago. caught about 20 fish in half day.  you will catch.

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Is there a road out to the island yet across the middle by the boat launch.  Any idea how thick the ice is there?  Thanks

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:12 AM »
no road as of 2 weeks ago.  prob at least a foot possibly more after this cold weather the past few days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.