Author Topic: ESKIMO QUICKFISH 6 REVIEW  (Read 32963 times)

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
ESKIMO QUICKFISH 6 REVIEW
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:55 AM »
I bought the Eskimo Quickfish 6 this weekend at Sportsmens warehouse, and it is the best ice shelter I have ever owned.  I've owned 3 other shelters and this is the Strongest, best built, fastest put up/take down, and biggest ice shelters SO FAR(70''x160'').  It cost $250 and was well worth it (EXCEPT IT SAYS SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE really big on the side)< I guess thats the only down side. Looking foward to using it again on Lake Louise this weekend.  I was going to put some pic's but I couldn't figure it out
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ESKIMO QUICKFISH 6 REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:26 PM »
upload them to photobucket or something then post 'em up here.   after uploading them to photobucket or similar site. copy the direct link. then come here and under the text buttons(bold italic underline) there is a fer buttons with icons on then click the second one from the left. it will give you a pop up window paste the link address in there and click OK. wham picture. repeat for each additional pic.

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Have you tried to set it up by yourself?  I have a quick fish 3 and for some reason it is a bear to set up, if it weren't for that I would love it.  :tipup:
Bob

icewagon

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:19 PM »
whats the windows like? Can you see in all directions?

Offline JeepAlaska

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Yep, you can see all around.  I beleive there are 2 windows each side and 1 on each end.  There is also a door at each end.  We just bought ours a couple weekends ago and absolutey love it.  We did have to have a Big Buddy and a little buddy running the other day when it was -12 out to keep it warm though.  The Big Buddy did fine by itself last weekend.

Have fun with your new shelter!

Lorie

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:11 PM »
upload them to photobucket or something then post 'em up here.   after uploading them to photobucket or similar site. copy the direct link. then come here and under the text buttons(bold italic underline) there is a fer buttons with icons on then click the second one from the left. it will give you a pop up window paste the link address in there and click OK. wham picture. repeat for each additional pic.
I would do that but these stupid military computers won't let you get to photobucket, thanks though
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:16 PM »
CATCHUMALL:  Yes, I set it up myself it was hard at first and I figured out to pop out the 2 tops first then one side at a time and it was simple.

ICEWAGON: There are 6 windows that are clear plastic with green canvas covers.  U can open the cover and the window if you want or just the cover, and yeas you can see in all directions

We had a Mr. Heater 14,000btu and a Mr. Buddy 9,000btu going at the sametime...we were just wearing t-shirts, it was awesome.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Ripper try using sharemation.com for military computers...  Seemed to work up here! ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Ripper try using sharemation.com for military computers...  Seemed to work up here! ;)
Thanks

Offline AKFISHFOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Come play with the Big Boys! 34" Big Lake Burbot
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:17 AM »
I have to say, out of all the ice shacks I have been in and set up, the quickfish 6 is the best one.  It sets up in a few minutes and totally windproof.  the only thing I don't like is that the sides will push in when the wind is blowing real hard unless you tie them all down with a rope.
Fish On!

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I have to say, out of all the ice shacks I have been in and set up, the quickfish 6 is the best one.  It sets up in a few minutes and totally windproof.  the only thing I don't like is that the sides will push in when the wind is blowing real hard unless you tie them all down with a rope.
But then again YOU DON"T HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!! Just messing, that was the only bad part but it only took a second to fix after it scared the crap out of you a couple of times....

Offline AKFISHFOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:14 AM »
Hey RIPPER, I am not dogging your shack man, just an observation.  And I think you are the one who jumped when the side caved in!!! LOL!
Fish On!

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Hey RIPPER, I am not dogging your shack man, just an observation.  And I think you are the one who jumped when the side caved in!!! LOL!

Ohh really.....just like Eklutna has a tide..hahahahahahahaha ha

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:48 PM »
they must be good, I've seen MTA using them as work shelters on cold days.  Oh Wait!  My bad... I forgot that 'global warming' took away all of our cold days.  Maybe MTA will give me one of those shanties since it's SOOOOOOOO warm outside!  I digress, sarcasm is over now... sort of....

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:35 PM »
would love to see pics - have a quickfish III and the 6 would be great for the family...I've never seen them at the SW here in fairbanks. (wish I could! nudge nudge wink wink! ;))

Offline AKFISHFOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Ohh really.....just like Eklutna has a tide..hahahahahahahaha ha

I never said Eklutna has a tide, Mike said that.  I said it is not affected by the tide, in fact I think you tried to convince me that is was too last year.  I see how it is......

PS: you did jump when the side caved in!!!!!!!!!   LOL  LOL LOL!

to everyone else, RIPPER and I are good friends, this is just poking at each other.
Fish On!

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2008, 02:43 AM »
would love to see pics - have a quickfish III and the 6 would be great for the family...I've never seen them at the SW here in fairbanks. (wish I could! nudge nudge wink wink! ;))

I'll try to post the pic's tommorrow.....The quickfish 6 is exactly two of the quickfish III's put together.  the III is 70''X70" and the 6 is 70"X140" with 2 doors and 6 windows.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:15 AM »
and why why why won't ardisam come up with a connector for two 3's like clam did for one of their models? I have thought many times about trying to cobble something together out of an old tent, but really think I'd have to take a 3 in to AK Tent and have something built (probably cost more than just buying a 6!)...heck you could even throw a couple cots up and sleep in a 6 if you wanted to...that's it - I want one!

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2008, 10:20 PM »
and why why why won't ardisam come up with a connector for two 3's like clam did for one of their models? I have thought many times about trying to cobble something together out of an old tent, but really think I'd have to take a 3 in to AK Tent and have something built (probably cost more than just buying a 6!)...heck you could even throw a couple cots up and sleep in a 6 if you wanted to...that's it - I want one!

Yea it's cheaper to buy a 6 then two 3's, and you can definatly sleep two guys in cots/with fishing poles and gear.

Offline Ben Toverod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:02 AM »
Bought the qiuckfish 2 because thats the only model I could  find  on the shelf around soldotna. My 10 and 12 yr old boys and I had 3 holes in it and sill managed to play cards on a tote in the middle. It was tight for sure! I will bet the 6 fwould feel like the "Taj Majal" It was -20 something and ran the buddy heater  on low mostly. After about five  hours the cieling started to drip at the edges so we opened the vents and turned the heater on high I think that helped. We busted one of the plastic windows on setup. I guess I will pull the windows out and install them after setup from now on (they are velcroed)  anyone know where to get a new window?

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Bought the qiuckfish 2 because thats the only model I could  find  on the shelf around soldotna. My 10 and 12 yr old boys and I had 3 holes in it and sill managed to play cards on a tote in the middle. It was tight for sure! I will bet the 6 fwould feel like the "Taj Majal" It was -20 something and ran the buddy heater  on low mostly. After about five  hours the cieling started to drip at the edges so we opened the vents and turned the heater on high I think that helped. We busted one of the plastic windows on setup. I guess I will pull the windows out and install them after setup from now on (they are velcroed)  anyone know where to get a new window?
Probably strait from their website......And yes the 6 has a ridiculous amount of space!!!  Well worth the money

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I am really debating getting one of these next year for those 2 day Derbies so i can just sleep in my shack comfortably, or just when i want to go and fish overnight somewhere.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:08 PM »
I am really debating getting one of these next year for those 2 day Derbies so i can just sleep in my shack comfortably, or just when i want to go and fish overnight somewhere.

Me and FISHFOOL used it again at Big lake on Tuesday night and it was blowing 50mph gust, set up was a little difficult at first but once we got it up it worked great and held up just fine.   The trick we found out was to stake down two of the corners first then pop it up...

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 21, 2008, 02:13 AM »
any chance of getting some pics of this thing in use? I'd really like to see it and they don't stock it at the fairbanks SW so no way to see it. Had a buddy at the wasilla SW and no 6's there either.

did some looking on the net and can't find any reviews or pics beyond the one crappy stock picture found anywhere it's for sale (seems sold out everywhere from what I can find). Sure appreciate you posting some photos if possible

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #24 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:56 AM »
any chance of getting some pics of this thing in use? I'd really like to see it and they don't stock it at the fairbanks SW so no way to see it. Had a buddy at the wasilla SW and no 6's there either.

did some looking on the net and can't find any reviews or pics beyond the one crappy stock picture found anywhere it's for sale (seems sold out everywhere from what I can find). Sure appreciate you posting some photos if possible

(Image removed from quote.)

I'll b using it this weekend I'll take some pics and post them....Ohh and there were only 3 when I bought mine 1 1/2 months ago at the Anchorage SW...I don't think any place will restock them untill next winter, thats usually how it works.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:18 AM »
that would be great - hard to beleive there isn't more available on the net...I'm sure I could find an in depth review for a bic lighter complete with pictures and pages of analysis of step by step use, but I can't find much on the giant shacks (the quickfish 6 or the clam sleeper)

oh and as to being sold out - unless somebody buys this kidney I'm trying to sell I can't get one right now anyway!

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:46 PM »
So, how much you want for the kidney?  :tipup:
Bob

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2008, 01:57 AM »
depends on shipping costs! (for my new toys not the kidney!)

I decided today that my quickfish III is a great size...for me by myself!! So if I want to fish with my family or firends I need a bigger shanty!

Seriously though I think I need to come up with one of these by next season...I like to vary my fishing so a portable is in order and the only other even close to the size of the quickfish 6 is the clam sleeper - and I prefer the eskimo - the clam is tougher to transport, I don't like the floor, and I don't like the price!

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:14 AM »
Yeah hauling around 38# is much better than 190#.  Just the thought of hauling the Clam sleeper makes me tired.
Travis

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:28 PM »
depends on shipping costs! (for my new toys not the kidney!)

I decided today that my quickfish III is a great size...for me by myself!! So if I want to fish with my family or firends I need a bigger shanty!

Seriously though I think I need to come up with one of these by next season...I like to vary my fishing so a portable is in order and the only other even close to the size of the quickfish 6 is the clam sleeper - and I prefer the eskimo - the clam is tougher to transport, I don't like the floor, and I don't like the price!

Yea I have gone out about 3 times by myself and set it up with no problem at all....once you do it a couple of times its easy.  Its also nice by yourself to be able to spread out your poles a little more and cover a little different depths.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.