The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: CRAPPIES ON SUNRISE  (Read 1190 times)

Offline VERMONSTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I have just one wish! Ill take Panfish!!!
CRAPPIES ON SUNRISE
« on: Jan 20, 2008, 11:02 AM »
       I HEAR THERE ARE SOME NICE CRAPPIES AND YELLOW PERCH COMING OUT OF SUNRISEDOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS
LCCC
Panfish Patrol!!

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: CRAPPIES ON SUNRISE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2008, 05:57 PM »
werent you catching them there  they bite deep with the perch same as bebe

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Shawn,

I've heard that too, but never ice fished Sunrise and fished it only once in a canoe. I can tell you where I see crappies during the summer in Sunset, along the north shore, start right off the "access". I have never really been able to do much panfishing in the winter on Sunset because it freezes poorly. I've seen alot of sunnies along the south shore just past the hump in the summer, maybe worth checking over there for crappies as well.

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:24 PM »
i fish sunset alot and usually do pretty good with the perch i catch a couple crappie every now and then but theres not alot of them in there from what i can tell....its a very depend lake and theres not alot of places  that the perch and crappie can hold......there isnt alot of panfish in sunset but they are usually pretty big i've caught perch out of there as big as 19 inches and my biggest crappie was 19.5 inches......sunrise would be your best bet for crappie they arent as big but i usually catch alot more fish and it isnt a very big lake so please only take what u need and let the rest go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.