The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: whats up with rose lake in leroy  (Read 1850 times)

Offline bigt_pimpin78

• IceShanty Rookie
whats up with rose lake in leroy
« on: Jan 17, 2008, 11:12 PM »
heading to rose lake this weekend does any body have any info about it . I have never fished there .   ( wheres the hot spots )   are any of the other lake around there worth keeking out  { looking for pan fish  , eyes  and notherns

Offline golffanman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: whats up with rose lake in leroy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Wondering how the ice faired after this latest warm up. There was 8 inches prior to the rain and lots of shantys out there.

Offline fishin_692

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM REDNECK
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:42 AM »
i havent been out there much this year but ur best bet is to call crag at the eyes have it bait shop in leroy
KILL,EM,AND,GRILL,EM      

Offline Go Lions!!!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2013, 10:13 AM »
It's a fun lake to fish. At times you can find many pan fish, although they do run a bit small some times. There are many pike in there...but also tend to run small. If you are interested, there is NO size limit for pike there and I believe you can keep 5. If you hit it right, you can chase a lot of flags there. There are walleyes in there too, but can be tricky to find/get to bite. As far as hot spots...pretty much scattered throughout the entire lake...no one spot seems to be that much better than the rest. Pretty much weeds and access to deeper water throughout the lake. Go to theeyesehaveit.com (or something like that. It is the LeRoy bait shop web site. It has a ton of info on all of the area lakes. To be honest, I've fished most of them, and Rose is probably the best in the area IMHO. Good Luck!

Offline golffanman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Thanks go lions and fishin 692. I had to run up to Cadillac today' so on the way back we stopped by the lake. Not much activity ....saw a pair of foot prints heading out on the ice. Then we stopped by the bait shop in Leroy, The Eyes Have It and talked to Jo Lynn. She said no info from customers about the ice. I'm going to wait until Saturday and take a ride out there.

Offline golffanman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Made it out on the lake today. Got my limit of bluegills. It was cold.

Offline thomascook4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:06 AM »
 :clap:
"i like fish more than i like people"

"if fish are smarter than people, why do we catch them?"

Offline Go Lions!!!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Good work!!!! Any size? How about perch? Did you put out any tip ups?

So sick of snow and crap ice here in West Mi...might just have to find time to head up there. Kind of sucks to spend 4 hrs in the truck for 5 hrs on the ice though.

Offline golffanman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Filleted those buggers today and me and the GF had them tonight during the game. They were 6 inches and above. No wall Mounters, just nice fish. I caught some small perch, I know the big ones are out there. I did not set tip ups. A couple of guys to the east of me must of caught a nice one on a tip up.....they were hootin and hollerin. I hope to get back out there Tuesday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.