Author Topic: Mr. Heater Portable Buddy  (Read 2445 times)

Offline shootnmiss09

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mr. Heater Portable Buddy
« on: Jan 13, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Hey-

I am currently using a Mr. Heater Sunflower Heater. It is a single burner. It works good and all, but takes up alot of room. So i am thinking of upgrading to a Portable Buddy, and just use 1 pound tanks. Will it give off about as much heat as the Sunflower? I have a FT Yukon, Will it get that nice and toasty?

Thanks
-JOrdan
$~I'd Rather be FISHING right now~$

~IcE FiShErMeN wAlK oN wAtEr~

"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is!" -Ricky Bobby

Offline pageman1j

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mr. Heater Portable Buddy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2008, 09:11 PM »
I use a Portable Buddy Heater in my Clam 2000 and it is more than enough heat to keep two people warm.  I usually run mine for an hour or so and then turn it off.  In the Clam it doesn't need to be on all the time to keep it warm.

Offline Confused

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:20 PM »
I just picked up a Voyager today and used my Buddy Heater. It worked ok. My wife didn't think it was all that warm but I used to use it in a Clam Jr (like Clam 2000) and as stated above, the Buddy kept it nice and toasty in there. After tonight, I am thinking about getting a Sunflower or a Big Buddy. I should also state that tonight using the Voyager and the Buddy, I didn't get too concerned about packing snow around the base so doing that probably would have help more.

Jason

Offline Muskydreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Get the big buddy, I got both and also own a yukon, The mr buddy works ok in a yukon. But the big buddy can blow you out of a yukon.  don't get me wrong My little buddy rocks in my scout or pro!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:50 AM »
You should be just fine with that.
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline shootnmiss09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:36 AM »
it sounds like i dont want the portable  buddy, cause it won;t deliver enough heat. So maybe i will just get an 11# tank for the sunflower
$~I'd Rather be FISHING right now~$

~IcE FiShErMeN wAlK oN wAtEr~

"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is!" -Ricky Bobby

Offline nhbaitrunner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Go with the Big Buddy.  On low it has 4000 btu, medium is 9000 btu like the Mr. Buddy.  But on high it is throwing 1800 btu.  A great feature on the Big Buddy is the Blower Fan.  It runs off 4 D batteries.  They are on sale at www.northertool.com now for $99.99.  You can buy a hose to hook it up to run it off a larger tank instead of using the 1# propane tanks. 

Offline Confused

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:47 PM »
I just went out again this afternoon with my new Voyager and the little buddy did not cut it. I think the temp was in the high single digits with a slight breeze. I will be looking into either a big buddy or a sunflower.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Offline thechief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Hey-

I am currently using a Mr. Heater Sunflower Heater. It is a single burner. It works good and all, but takes up alot of room. So i am thinking of upgrading to a Portable Buddy, and just use 1 pound tanks. Will it give off about as much heat as the Sunflower? I have a FT Yukon, Will it get that nice and toasty?

Thanks
-JOrdan
I have a Yukon and my Mr. Buddy works just fine to keep me warm.  If my toes get cold, I set it on the ice and in no time at all they are nice and toasty.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:16 PM »
big buddy is on sale right now for 99 dollars thats 99 dollars for the BIG buddy good deal :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:19 PM »
oh yea forgot to say where didnt I

CABELAS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.