The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried hatching there own fish???  (Read 5936 times)

Offline hot_fishin_chic

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Has anyone ever tried hatching there own fish???
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Here are the laws in which you are break since you think that you are so smart and doing nothing wrong. I suggest you learn to read.

Directly from the DNR wedsiteIt
Is Unlawful To:

Import, plant or transplant live game fish including viable eggs of any game fish without permit.

Possess illegally taken fish or mutilated fish that cannot be measured or identified.

Take or attempt to take fish outside of the open season for that species.

Offline hot_fishin_chic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:00 PM »
OH by the way it is against the law to  plant fish or eggs in any michigan waters with out having been tested for vhs.that includes private ponds or lakes

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Hey bud, dont let these downers get you too worked up. I'm sure if any one of them had their own pond they whould want to stock it too. I know I would and if I could hatch my own eggs to do it that would be awesome. Sounds like a ton of fun trying, maybe hard to do but if your sucsessful that would be an accomplishment. Something I would be proud of if it was me. Most people would by those nasty hatchery fish. All that says is "I'm so rich I can have my pond stocked with walleye." You could say "I'm so SMART I can raise my own fish." If your able to make it happen then howie, your the man.

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Hey bud, dont let these downers get you too worked up. I'm sure if any one of them had their own pond they whould want to stock it too. I know I would and if I could hatch my own eggs to do it that would be awesome. Sounds like a ton of fun trying, maybe hard to do but if your sucsessful that would be an accomplishment. Something I would be proud of if it was me. Most people would by those nasty hatchery fish. All that says is "I'm so rich I can have my pond stocked with walleye." You could say "I'm so SMART I can raise my own fish." If your able to make it happen then howie, your the man.

thanks bro you will get an invite to this pond if im sucsessful!!!!! for sure.. see ya later
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline james.hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Yeah if you want to stock your own pond i don't think its anybody else's business. I hope it works out for you.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:53 AM »
This name calling stuff has got to stop here....If I were a moderator I'd lock this thread down...

Offline pine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Oh my gosh i really dont care if it is illegal, im not shooting lil kids here or blowing up buildings, im trying to hatch fish, i dont care, im just looking for info on how to do it, thanks for looking out but, the reason i posted this is to learn how to do it not if its legal.

why don't you stock some of the live spawners you catch and let nature hatch them?????
love to ice fish

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Let's clean up the comments guys.  Name calling is for grade school.  No need to get involved in an Internet Little Big Man Contest.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.