Author Topic: Windy Lake Manitoba  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Jumbo Master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its not a passion, its an obsession!!
Windy Lake Manitoba
« on: Jan 05, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Got out to the shack around 8:30 ish, stoked the stove and punched a few holes around. Dropped the lines down it appeared very promissing, caught 3 jumbo's in about 15 minutes. After a short period the bite slowed down conciderably. Once i awhile a few schools would come through but it was still very slow. Nice day out other then the high winds and no sun. We left around 3:30 with 20 keepers between the four of us, not that great yet. :( Here's some pics for you guys!!! 8)

What a monster!!!!

Man i feel sleepy!!!

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
Re: Windy Lake Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Thanks for the report jumbo!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2008, 09:02 PM »
First of many reports from you JM.....good job  :)
Went to LM to check on Blue after fishing the morning at the other big lake......still standing and no damage from the big wind storms this week....I was pleasantly surprised by that  :o  ;D
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline set the hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2008, 09:13 PM »
we didn't make it out yesterday or today, the little girl came down with a fever and flu, but she was one determined girl she was feeling good enough to go ice fishing, we'll have to try another weekend when its nice temps to take her. Sounds like we didn't miss too much yet anyway.  My cousin was up on thurs. on the lake and had caught 75, which sounded pretty good already. next time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.