The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Good Start to the season!  (Read 9902 times)

Offline massmanmark

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good Start to the season!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2008, 06:29 PM »
We went out today to chauncey, caught an 8 pond pike, can't imagine pulling a hog like that thru the ice.
Great job....

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Someday I will have a record fish!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2008, 07:04 PM »
sounds like a complement to me ???????? ??? ??? ???
It was man.

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Smeltecca and I have been out twice this season not a lot of action but the flags I've got have been good ones!
(Image removed from quote.)
44 inches 23lbs 10oz on Sunday the 3oth
38 inches 14lbs 10oz on Tuesday the 1st
THATS WHAT YOU WANTED GOOD JOB GUYS.CURIOUS ON SIZE OF BAIT I KNOW YOU USE BIG.ALSO WANTED TO HEAR YOUR STORY IT WILL BE GOOD TO PUT THE STORY TO OUR OWN HOLES WHEN WE GET A FLAG,AND SAY THIS COULD BE THAT PIG .YOU GUYS ARE GREAT NICE FISH NEXT TIME GIVE A SMILE IN THE PIC THE HARD WORK WAS DONE.I WILL SEE YOU GUYS AT JSD I THINK I HAVE A CRAP LOAD OF PEOPLE GOIG I NEED TO GET A BUNCH OF TICKETS.BUT THEY ARE 2 HRS AWAY,PM IF YOU WANT THANKS FOR THE PIC :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Shiner, the derby is going to be the 23rd of Feb. I'll let you know when the tickets go on sale and we can work something out to get you all you need.  You know about the bait - 10" hole, nose touching one side tail touching the other.
Addiction is too tough to smile......or was it the fish was too heavy! :flex: :flex: :roflmao:
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:12 AM »
I tried to smile but that was like the tenth time I had to hold her up. Not complaining just ran out of them I think. Not sure. I am not to macho to smile. Smeltecca is to tough to smile for the camera. I think he is scared of or it makes him mad. At least thats what his face looks like when I take his pics.

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Thanks guys for all the compliments. I do not like to keep fish, so it makes me feel better about taking this one. I know how long it took to get that big. Anyway, Sorry I have not been able to respond to you guys. Was out all weekend did nothing. Was to tired at night get on the computer.

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Don't know what Addiction is talking about - I'm sexy and the camera loves me

Gorgeous....what a looker!

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Don't know what Addiction is talking about - I'm sexy and the camera loves me
Gorgeous....what a looker!
Stuning... 8)

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2008, 10:17 AM »
If anyone is interested I'll be offering classes on facial hair length and proper head position for the best turkey neck affect.. :afro: :afro:

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2008, 11:08 AM »
It looks like you neck threw up.

Oh!  Sorry that is your head! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As I said, always angry or scared!

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2008, 11:42 AM »
You'd be scared to if you had to fish with you

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2008, 03:18 PM »
You guys are killing us. We want to see a pic of you both smiling together, and it can't be from drinking. 
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Shiner, the derby is going to be the 23rd of Feb. I'll let you know when the tickets go on sale and we can work something out to get you all you need.  You know about the bait - 10" hole, nose touching one side tail touching the other.
Addiction is too tough to smile......or was it the fish was too heavy! :flex: :flex: :roflmao:
YEA SMELT I NEED SOME LESSONS B 4 THE DERBY SO I CAN LOOK GOOD LATER.I HAVE TO AGREE WIT ADDICTION IT LOOKS LIKE UR TRYIN TO KEEP THE BROWN TROUT IN.YEA LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE TICKETS THANX.AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE GREAT :thumbsup: :clap:I WANT TO KNOW IF THAT GIRL WAS RUNNIN , WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST SITE AT THE HOLE COME ON STORY. PLEASE THE ICE IS MELTIN THAT COULD BE THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES US A FIX FOR AWHILE. :'(

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Look at the extra chin on Tecca. That does not come over night you know. That comes from not being able to drive by a Wendy's. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2008, 06:57 PM »
I think you guys should give posing lessons at the JPS-like Hanz and Franz from Sat. Night Live. We'll even pay to see - not sure how much though. :laugh:

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:08 PM »
I got a sure fire way to win. Can I borrow your pants Minnow? :laugh:

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:21 AM »
That wasn't a fat joke was it Addiction?  By the way there's no way you'd fit into Minnow's pants! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Just saying you can not drive by a Wendys. Thats all. I could do a little fine tuning to fit them pants.

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:58 AM »
All right here's the story:
The flag goes off and when we get to it it's screaming out line.  Addiction immediately starts crying, he's afraid of anything that spin's, so I slap him across the face and he regains his composure.  On the second run he sets the hook and the fight is on, the fish makes a strong run and Addiction has to dig his heels into the snow to prevent being pulled into the hole.  With his better footing he's able to get the fish to the hole but as soon as it sees daylight it makes another run.  Seeing this is no ordinary fish I run to get the shotgun from the Jet sled, the fish comes to the hole a second time just as I finish loading the gun.  Addiction has a better angle and because it's his fish I lot him take the shot, boom, gut shot, and off she goes again.  Well shooting her just made her angry and she charged the hole, jumped out and bit off part of Addiction's boot and his pinky toe, down he goes, everyone knows you need your pinky toe for balance.  Running on pure adrenaline Addiction battles the beast to the hole a fourth time and because he's in the prone position gets in a gill shot.  She makes one last death run and then she's at the hole for the fifth and final time.  I gaff her out and it's over.  We pack Addictions wound with wood chips from our spike container and bring the fish to get weighed and then it's off to the hospital.  What a Fish!

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:00 PM »
All right here's the story:
The flag goes off and when we get to it it's screaming out line.  Addiction immediately starts crying, he's afraid of anything that spin's, so I slap him across the face and he regains his composure.  On the second run he sets the hook and the fight is on, the fish makes a strong run and Addiction has to dig his heels into the snow to prevent being pulled into the hole.  With his better footing he's able to get the fish to the hole but as soon as it sees daylight it makes another run.  Seeing this is no ordinary fish I run to get the shotgun from the Jet sled, the fish comes to the hole a second time just as I finish loading the gun.  Addiction has a better angle and because it's his fish I lot him take the shot, boom, gut shot, and off she goes again.  Well shooting her just made her angry and she charged the hole, jumped out and bit off part of Addiction's boot and his pinky toe, down he goes, everyone knows you need your pinky toe for balance.  Running on pure adrenaline Addiction battles the beast to the hole a fourth time and because he's in the prone position gets in a gill shot.  She makes one last death run and then she's at the hole for the fifth and final time.  I gaff her out and it's over.  We pack Addictions wound with wood chips from our spike container and bring the fish to get weighed and then it's off to the hospital.  What a Fish!
THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. SURE TO BE A CAMPFIRE FAVORITE. :thumbsup:

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Thanks, I swear it's all true! ;)

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:30 PM »
THATS WHAT YOU WANTED GOOD JOB GUYS.CURIOUS ON SIZE OF BAIT I KNOW YOU USE BIG.ALSO WANTED TO HEAR YOUR STORY IT WILL BE GOOD TO PUT THE STORY TO OUR OWN HOLES WHEN WE GET A FLAG,AND SAY THIS COULD BE THAT PIG .YOU GUYS ARE GREAT NICE FISH NEXT TIME GIVE A SMILE IN THE PIC THE HARD WORK WAS DONE.I WILL SEE YOU GUYS AT JSD I THINK I HAVE A CRAP LOAD OF PEOPLE GOIG I NEED TO GET A BUNCH OF TICKETS.BUT THEY ARE 2 HRS AWAY,PM IF YOU WANT THANKS FOR THE PIC :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

This is the real story.
It was around 3:30pm we were watching a row boat with divers fishing for a couple of snowmobiles when I saw the flag. It took us 5 minutes or so to get there. It was a little bit of a walk. When we arrived the line was I figure a 100 feet. We waited about another 5 minutes and watched her run out another 75-100 feet of line. It was a steady run the hole time. Then I decided it was time. She put the brakes on a few times and then charged me to where I could not keep up with her. The line went slack and I dropped the line and quickly grabbed it again from the water. Caught up to her and she then decided she did not like us. She made 5 or 6 strong bursts at the hole. We could see her each time quite well, but just kept playing her out. It was not easy but we did not rush the situation. Neither of us thought she was this large we figured another teenager. Finally I went to grab her and she got a little crazy so Smelttecca told me to move my hand we are icing this one. So I did and he gave her the gaff in the bottom jaw just in case we were going to release her. He did minor damage all repairable. 
That is the true story. 

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:45 PM »
My version is waaaay better!

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:16 PM »
This is the real story.
It was around 3:30pm we were watching a row boat with divers fishing for a couple of snowmobiles when I saw the flag. It took us 5 minutes or so to get there. It was a little bit of a walk. When we arrived the line was I figure a 100 feet. We waited about another 5 minutes and watched her run out another 75-100 feet of line. It was a steady run the hole time. Then I decided it was time. She put the brakes on a few times and then charged me to where I could not keep up with her. The line went slack and I dropped the line and quickly grabbed it again from the water. Caught up to her and she then decided she did not like us. She made 5 or 6 strong bursts at the hole. We could see her each time quite well, but just kept playing her out. It was not easy but we did not rush the situation. Neither of us thought she was this large we figured another teenager. Finally I went to grab her and she got a little crazy so Smelttecca told me to move my hand we are icing this one. So I did and he gave her the gaff in the bottom jaw just in case we were going to release her. He did minor damage all repairable. 
That is the true story. 
You could of threw in at least one shot gun blast.Come on.Maybe next time. :-\

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:29 PM »
This is the real story.
That is the true story. 
YOU GUYS R FUNNY , ;DTHE STORIES SOUND GREAT THANKS.HOW IS THE ICE OUT THERE I WANT ICE FOR THE WEEKEND.SO I'M WILLING TO TRAVEL 2.5 HRS WHICH IS WHERE YOU GUYS ARE.IF NOT I'M IN THE WOODS LOOKING FOR MOOSE N DEER SHEDS I HAVE TO FIND THE MATCH OF THE  MOOSE SHED MY CAUSE FOUND ITS HUGE.SO ANY INFO PM ME OR POST THANKS.SMELT YOU STORY WAS FUNNY.FISHIN I AGREE A BITE OF THE TOE OR BLAST WOULD OF SPICED UP THE REAL THING. ;D

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Ice conditions are probably fishable on Pontoosac right now but we still have two rain storms coming. Tonight and Friday. Onota was not good the last I heard things were melting fast there, I figure the south end of the lake will be open by the weekend. I was told by a guy that there was around 3 to 3 1/2 inches on Sunday and its only been frozen there for a week and a half or so. Cheshire lakes were decent the last I heard. But if I hear any good reports I will let you know.

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Ice conditions are probably fishable on Pontoosac right now but we still have two rain storms coming. Tonight and Friday. Onota was not good the last I heard things were melting fast there, I figure the south end of the lake will be open by the weekend. I was told by a guy that there was around 3 to 3 1/2 inches on Sunday and its only been frozen there for a week and a half or so. Cheshire lakes were decent the last I heard. But if I hear any good reports I will let you know.
THANK YOU THAT WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEA TO FISH CHESIRE I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW THE LAKE. ;D :tipup:

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Frozen Shiner
I have not heard anything for ice reports. All I can tell you is there has been a few people out on Pontoosac.
Cheshire Lake seems to be holding up. But it has been pouring all afternoon here. Your call.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:35 PM »
THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. SURE TO BE A CAMPFIRE FAVORITE. :thumbsup:
I agree 100% :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline j0rge18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Those were cought out by Itam huh? beautiful pike...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.