The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Better get out this weekend... Next week, 57 degrees...  (Read 1874 times)

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thats the high for I think tuesday...

I'm planning on either hitting fairview for the first time or trying promised land again....

You?

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Better get out this weekend... Next week, 57 degrees...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Dude! Calm down… take a deep breath… check out the forecast.  :D

1-2 days of warm weather won’t melt all of the ice (provided that there’s good ice already). This warm up appears to be only a “blip” in between some seriously cold weather. It doesn’t look anything like the last two January’s.

Promised Land had 6+ inches before this weather hit… I’m guessing it will be fat by the time that warm-up comes through, and then it’s back to normal winter temps (with much colder weather on the horizon).

I’m actually going to shoot for Minsi this Saturday if I hear anything good about the ice. Otherwise I’ll head for the hills like everyone else I guess.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Acording to accuweather its going to warm up for a few days then its supposed to get colder than it is today. ;D Hope ther right.

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Look at the good side.  All the lakes had a good chance to put a few more inches on with this cold snap, so next week we will be fishing on good ice with warm weather. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Dude! Calm down… take a deep breath… check out the forecast.  :D

hahaha

According to accuweather when I checked I almost had a heart attack... It was 50s all week.. LOL So if its only 2 days.. then AMEN!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:04 PM »
I just checked the Pl forecast; four nights in a row that won't go below the freezing mark, next week. At this point lakes that have some snow on them have a real advantage, since that will all have to melt before the ice starts to thin. Lakes that have marginal ice with no snow on them will get hit a lot harder. That said, I will still try to get out this weekend. At least there will be nice weather for those of us stuck working outside during the coming week.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:29 AM »
hahaha

According to accuweather when I checked I almost had a heart attack... It was 50s all week.. LOL So if its only 2 days.. then AMEN!

Yeah, I guess it all depends on what area you're in or normally fish. If you're close enough to the Promised Land/Pecks Pond/Tobyhanna region the forecast (even for Mon-Fri) doesn't look bad at all. The lower half of the state is going to be sketchy though, no doubt.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2008, 07:22 PM »
all the snow gone in less than a day in northwest pa the rain didnt help any although it was a breeze pulling sled without the snow the shorelines will be the first to go wilhelm half scrubed saw on way up 79    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:20 PM »
say good bye to the little ice we had :'(

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I just watched channel 16 (WNEP) weather for NE Pa. 50-60 degrees fahrenheit all next week. Extended forecast (through the 14th) is for above average temperatures.   Mark

You keep listening to them. I'll keep on icefishing. ;D
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.